The community thinks...
Great car and lots of fun by Victor from Watkins on 06/21/2002. Trim: 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK CLK430 Cabriolet, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Bought it w/o a test drive from the Tulsa auto show (normally a BIG no for me) but it was do that or lose it to 1 of 3 others. Have not been disappointed yet esp. for a 4 seat convertible. The CLK430 Cabrio is also the best new car for retention of value w/ 67% residuals. Traded in a 2002 'vette so the kids could enjoy the wind with us. It doesn't corner like the wide tired 'vette, but is far more comfortable, stylish, and the top is cooler and quieter. Not as fast, but 6.9 0-60 will get ahead of most cars. My problem is that 'Stangs and Camaros always want to race you, and unless it is a Cobra or SS, you can give em a good run. Took it to 120, and there was still plenty left.
Cons: Waiting to change the oil at 12K is scary to a former Diesel owner like me. The dealer would not change the oil sooner even if I paid them $1000 to do it. Being a former 'vette owner I wish I would have spent the extra for the CLK55, but I can't imagine the CLK320 being a dull car to drive still. The Pilot sport Michelin tires are the weakest point of the car, upgrade to the Pilot Sport All Season or another better rated tire as soon as you can. Far better treadlife, and better traction on the All Season Pilot sport, and only 10% more in price.
Overall review: Not the fastest car out there, go to the CLK55 for that, but for a convertible probably the most luxury and performance in one car. Other cars require a sacrifice of one or the other. Your CLK, a 'vette, a Cobra, and an SS all pull up to a stop light. At the corner there is a 16 year old girl, a 18 year girl, a 24 year old girl, a 45 year old woman, and a 22 year old guy standing there looking for a ride, and they are all gorgeous. Here's what happens, the 16 year old and the 24 year old girls will hop into your CLK. The 45 year old will fist fight the 22 year old guy for the seat in the Corvette, and the guys in the SS and Cobra will be screaming to get the 18 year old's attention. There is a 75% chance the 18 year old will also hop in your CLK, a 20% chance she goes to the Cobra, leaving a 5% chance for the poor sap in the SS, even though I think the SS is better car personally. You now see why I traded my 'vette in. If you doubt me try it one day, you will see what I saw.
Review ID: #283795 Is this review offensive?