2002 Ford Expedition

2002 Ford Expedition Prices
2002 Ford Expedition Fuel Economy
We love to travel in our white Expedition. by Roadrunner from Austin on 08/02/2004. Trim: 2002 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It is a great vacation truck. My wife, dog and I just returned from a 6,000 mile vacation to South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico. The big, comfortable truck makes a 600-mile day a real pleasure. I like the looks of our Expedition--it is the XLT in Sport Package. The same color white grill and the tubular step bars look sporty. After 35,000 miles nothing has gone wrong with it--the only expense has been oil and filter every 3,000 miles. We have had two Brono IIs, three Explorer Sports and now this Expedition. The quality in all have been excellent. Also, I like the solid thud when we close the doors.
Cons: It is not nearly as easy to park in tight places as our Ford Explorer Sport, but I did not expect it to be. The Ford Expedition needs a little more power than the 4.6, which we have. The 05 Expedition with the 301HP 5.4 V8 should make the Expedition close to perfect.
Overall review: We like to take long road vacations, especially in the rocky mountains. The comfortable seats, the comfortable ride and the high seating make the trips all the more fun. And the double 5-star crash ratings help us feel very safe and secure. We buckle the seat belt around the dog crate and our dog seems to feel secure. We get about 17 mpg on the highway with A/C on and about 19 mpg with the A/C off. White is an attractive color and a very cool color during hot summer months.
A good choice for a reliable vehicle. by Berring on 05/29/2011. Trim: 2002 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Reliable drives well in snow and on long trips in summer I have 128,000 miles on mine rebuilt the transmission apart from that just regular maintainance, brakes, shocks etc. Alittle heavy on gas but lite on repair cost
Cons: Drivers bum warmer quits too often
Overall review: A good choice for a reliable vehicle.
The best SUV for the price" by Jeff from snow country on 01/08/2006. Trim: 2002 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Plenty of room This SUV handles inclement weather like no other truck/SUV I've ever had. It sure footed no matter what the conditions ! Unlike the very poor Toyota Highlander I had previously (which was horrible!)
Cons: Gas milage as to be expected
Overall review: you will love this SUV it handles very nimble like a car but has all the power and durability of a truck
'02 Ford Expedition, 5.4L, 4WD by Uncle Buck from Grand Forks, ND on 12/29/2004. Trim: 2002 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Large size and space. 4wd works awesome in all weather (Grand Forks, ND...it can get pretty rough up here, but she'll plow through anything). It's nice to sit high compared to all the little cars out there.
Cons: Even with the optional 5.4L engine, it is still severly lacking in the power department. It still handles too much like a truck. It eats up way too much gas. I've had several minor electrical problems already. The 3rd seat in '02 and prior models is just this side of worthless, and takes up too much room when installed.
Overall review: This is a decent vehicle, however I guess I'm just used to General Motors power (I'm not a big fan of having to stomp the gas pedal to the floor to get this beast moving, especially in traffic areas). Gas mileage is bad, but hey, it's a big vehicle, so don't expect too much more from other comparable vehicles. I'll be looking for a Tahoe, Yukon or other GM SUV next time around.
Expedition is excellent by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/18/2004. Trim: 2002 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The ride is excellent and the seats are really comfortable. The drive train has proven to be very reliable in my 2001 F-150 equipped with the same engine and trans.
Cons: Gas mileage is not as good as I would like but 14.9 is OK
Overall review: Great vehicle. Glad I bought it.