2002 Subaru Forester

GREAT LITTLE SUV/WAGON!! by Tom K. from Milan, Michigan on 06/28/2013. Trim: 2002 Subaru Forester S Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: All Wheel Drive, Good mpg's, Easy to operate, Int. space, Heated seats-mirrors& under front wipers,Ground clearance. Parts are cheap, easy to find & easy to replace. Also I love the fact that the motor sits front to back instead of sideways like ALL the rest. FULL SIZE spare! The bottom half on the outside of the car is covered in high impact plastic, helps fight rust & dents.
Cons: Back seat space is a little short, not a problem for me being a single male. No real rain gutter, (buy rain guards under $100) fixes that problem.
Overall review: I bought this Forester S 2 moths ago with 140k on it & it runs like new. The ONLY rattle I hear inside comes from the stuff I have stored in the cargo area,(my fault). I have NOT gone off roading but, I did do some "2 tracks" in northern Michigan and the AWD worked great in the deep sand traps. The windows are tall for visibility so, if you live where it gets hot get them tinted, (I went 40% on all but the front & it cut down the heat BIG time. The cup holders took a while to get use to but, now I like them because I never have to look down to the center console area. I did buy a tape player to AUX. adapter to play my i-pod and it works way better then a "transmitter" set up. so, even though tapes are out'a date it's a better way to get the best option to play i-pods & ect.
The best for snow by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/05/2007. Trim: 2002 Subaru Forester L, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Mostly the rear door for ease when loading the car. Like the performance in the snow
Cons: Have had problems with transmission from the first year and again at the 5th year. Problems with pinging.
Overall review: Like the car for everything else but the issues with the transmission and pinging which are major.
great little suv by railroad slim on 07/02/2006. Trim: 2002 Subaru Forester S, Owned 5 years.
Pros: best handling car
Cons: my wife wishes the passenger seat had the controls like the drivers
Overall review: i would buy another one, in fact i think i will in 2008
GREAT SUV by Carol, New Orleans, LA on 03/12/2003. Trim: 2002 Subaru Forester S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: the best car ive ever had!
Cons: not much, paint quality isnt the greatest
Overall review: great
Perfect car by Larry on 02/12/2003. Trim: 2002 Subaru Forester S Premium, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Handling ability, plenty of power for freeway operation, easy to handle in city traffic.
Cons: Back seat is a little tight on leg room. However for two people or a small family it is not bad.
Overall review: Outstanding! I have driven the car for over a year and have NO compliants. The dealer has been great, bends over backwards to help with any question and service.