2002 Jeep Liberty

Still In Love by Susan in Kentucky on 11/16/2011. Trim: 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I've owned mine for almost 10 years, bought it program with 19,000 miles. Still love it. Absolutely love it. It still takes my breath away just as it did from the very beginning. When I saw them on the road, they were the only thing out there that "did it" for me. It's classic rounded Jeep headlights, smooth lines, and the way it sits on the road. The way I sit driving it. It's true love. It has a timeless look, and that's what captured me from the get-go. Has been an amazing vehicle and continues to be to this day.
Cons: NOTHING! Interior has held up well. Nothing not working. After 198,000 miles, everything electrical, everything, still working as perfectly as the day we bought it. Truthfully, my husband had me in a financial bind for a time, couldn't even afford an oil change and at 163,000 miles had to put a new engine in it. My own fault. But the thing was, when the engine went, and I had a choice of trading or getting something new, all I wanted was my Jeep Liberty, so we did the $5,000 new engine and now I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited with an engine that only has $35,000 miles on it and it's paid for, sooooo will I be trading soon? Wouldn't Dare!
Overall review: It's been a quality vehicle since day 1. Just took a 1200 mile round trip, a 400 mile round trip, and then a 1700 mile round trip, all within a month and a half period, on same oil change, and it ran like a dream, handled the blue ridge parkway, as well as South Atlantic Avenue. Mine is the khaki brown metallic and the paint still looks great.Shiny and smooth. NO COMPLAINTS. After 10 years other people may get sick of seeing me driving it, but driving it now is just as much fun as it was the day we brought it home, and there's nothing else out there, even a Liberty that I'd trade it for. Although I would take a 2002 in White. Just still love my body style. Like I said, Classic and TImeless. Breathtaking. Only get about 16 to 20 miles per gallon, but when it snows, Hey! It's worth the gas I buy, just to be able to shift into 4WL and go have some confident fun in the snow.
My jeep by eliZ on 04/09/2011. Trim: 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: good
Cons: good
Overall review: good
Review ID: #551913 Is this review offensive?
QnNYamHptHdxeSi by High Revver from NJ. on 05/13/2013. Trim: 2002 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I really appecriate free, succinct, reliable data like this.
Cons: I really appecriate free, succinct, reliable data like this.
Overall review: I really appecriate free, succinct, reliable data like this.
Electrical and seat buckle issues by Mallik, San Ramon, CA on 01/07/2012. Trim: 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Comfort of driving, seating and pick up.
Cons: Electrical components: 1. Driver side buckle button pushed down. May be spring is gone. Latch does not hold the seat belt. Dealer suggested to replace it at high cost and it is not covered under warranty. 2. Rear window glass holding spokes are broken. Also, hood holding spokes are broken. May be springs are broken. 3. Light bulb at gear box is gone. I will not be able to see drive modes. Dealers are rude and pathetic. Especially one in Dublin,CA.
Overall review: Not happy.
Pretty Good SUV by Scott in MD on 09/03/2005. Trim: 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Owned 3 years and no problems. Tows camper very well. Took off road several times and it never missed a beat.
Cons: Goodyear tires that came with it were junk in wet weather. Replaced with Bridgestone and made a world of difference. Gas mileage is poor.
Overall review: Would buy another one and recommend to others.