2002 Buick Rendezvous

A HUGE disappointment! by Diane from Florida on 08/02/2007. Trim: 2002 Buick Rendezvous CX 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I loved the exterior and comfort of seats. The sound system was awesome and the backup warning system let you know if ANYTHING was behind you when in reverse. I really loved this car...for about the first year. Now you can read the "cons."
Cons: After the first year, the AC leaked freon all over and the car had a sour smell after that when it was humid. I was constantly taking the car in for AC problems on a yearly basis. Also, the car came with self-sealing tires that never worked. I had to have all 4 tires replaced within 3 months. At this point, after 5 years of ownership and 78,000 miles, the entire ABS computer system is fried due to a faulty pin of some kind. This happened AFTER the Buick dealer supposedly fixed this problem for $500. Now they want $2,000 and no guarantee that it will stay fixed. The car is undrivable and we had to take it to auction.
Overall review: Nice looking car and great options but mechanically, it stinks.
Yucaipa Babe by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/26/2010. Trim: 2002 Buick Rendezvous CX 2WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I now have 172,000 miles on my car that I bought new. There were no repairs, only standard maintainence until the car was over 150,000. I have since replaced the head gaskets and the condenser in the airconditioner. One dealer tried to tell me the ubeck, the condenser, and the compressor were all out and wanted $4500. to do the work; another dealer determined only the condenser was out and the cost was $900. The $4500. dealer was once a Buick dealer and now was a Mazda dealer. I wonder if GM had fired the dealer? I highly recommend the Buick products which I have driven for many years.
Cons: I like the car!
Overall review: MSN is refering the the Rendevous as an SUV. It is not. It was the first crossover vehicle ever.
Buick truck... does good in PA. by pjkPA on 04/04/2010. Trim: 2002 Buick Rendezvous CX 2WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: 93K and 8.5 years with very good service. Very good mpg for a vehicle with 110 cubic feet of cargo space and a very comfortable ride. Changed tires once and brakes twice.
Cons: Bosch wind shield wipers are not very good... GM wipers are much better.
Overall review: My first Buick has been very good.... 8.5 years and 93K very few problems ... rides very good and gets good MPG. The 110 cubic ft of cargo space has come in handy many times. 4x8 sheets of plywood to refrigerators... no other SUV comes close... seats easily come out and cargo easily goes in and out with low floor.
very nice by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/19/2008. Trim: 2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: everything
Cons: noththing
Overall review: execalent
MONEY PIT by Angela, Minnesota on 11/24/2007. Trim: 2002 Buick Rendezvous CX 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The gas mileage isn't bad for an SUV, although the shape makes everyone call this vehicle a van. It turns very sharply, which is nice for U turns.
Cons: This vehicle has been nothing but problems during the 3 years that I've owned it. The transmission went out at only 60,000 miles ($2500), about 8 thousand miles later...the A/C went out ($500). Next was a faulty thermostat ($100), the heater (I can't remember how much that was), and finally I just found out I have a cracked head gasket which will cost me a minimum of $1,200. It has been just one thing after another. The interior is cheaply made...the glove box broke, and the vents are that same flimsy, cheap plastic too. There were also electical problems with the rear wiper...it wouldn't shut off
Overall review: Also, the front doors are extremely heavy, so watch out that wind doesn't blow them wide open when you go to get out of your vehicle. My driver's side door is now bent and doesn't close right...causing a whistling noise when driving down the road and water to come in during a car wash...NICE! I didn't want to drive a van...but now I'm going to buy one just to get rid of this pile of junk. DO NOT BUY A RENDEZVOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Review ID: #519184 Is this review offensive?