2001 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon Prices
2001 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Very nice experience by Yuxia from Boston on 12/02/2006. Trim: 2001 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 2.0, Owned 3 years.
Pros: European feeling. Interior. Reliability. Not a single problem during 5 years of ownership (except for light bulbs). Front brakes lived through 75,000 miles.
Cons: Somewhat smaller than I would like it to be.
Overall review: Excellent car for those who like individuality of european vehicles. Besides, trouble-free. However, you need to make sure your car is assembled in Germany.
Money pit/ mechanics best friend by Disappointed in Seattle on 02/29/2004. Trim: 2001 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 2.0, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Stylish, and low price
Cons: Crowded interior, front seats must be way forward to fit shild seat in rear. A maintanance nightmare. The ABS system fail at 4K. Now at 30K I have had to replace the rear brakes and rotors. This is unheard of for any other car, for the rears to go out before the fronts, and at this milliage to boot. The Struts and shock are also ready to be replaced. The cloth interior holds lint and is extremely hard to clean. The car is sluggish, noisy at all speeds, and rides rough.
Overall review: If you like to spend lots of money on maintanance, like small crowded spaces and poor perfromance this is your car. I pesronaly can't wait to sell!
Fun for a little while by Trevor, Los Angeles on 01/04/2004. Trim: 2001 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 2.0, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Nice interior, decent gas mileage, good space, farily good price for a car that can hold more than your average sedan.
Cons: Where do I start......My car is 2 and a half years old with 40k and within the last few months everything has started to go wrong with it: New rear brakes, new clutch, new tires!?,new struts, check engine light is always on, alignment, loss of power.......etc. To top it off, VW service is THE WORST! I have read reviews of owners from both sides of the field and some love their car. I loved mine for the first 2 years and now I can't wait to get rid of it......Too much work....
Overall review: Be smart when you purchase your VW Wagon. They look great and drive great now, but think about how much you'll like it when things start to go wrong (and they will) after the warranty runs out.
Review ID: #402016 Is this review offensive?
Realiable wagon by Jared on 11/13/2003. Trim: 2001 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS 2.0, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Fun to drive, reliable and cost effective.
Cons: A little underpowered.
Overall review: It is a good, servicable vehicle.
Jetta Wagon - Great vehicle by Patrick from Wisconsin on 03/05/2002. Trim: 2001 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: GREAT car. I use it primarily for business travel - about 2,000 miles per month. I have a 5 speed which I had some concerns but it has proved to be a good choice. I love driving a standard but if you must talk on a cell phone at the same time as you drive - go with the automatic. Great stereo, supurb HEATED seats, excellent traction control system, good turning radius, telescoping as well as tilting steering wheel. The fit and finish are outstanding. The "gold" color does an excellent job hiding the dirt/salt of a Wisconsin winter. Good alternative to an SUV.
Cons: It is hard to find anything to really complain about but: 1. If I had people (adults) in the back seats on a regular basis I would move up to the Passat. 2. The rear window sprayer does a better job getting fluid on the car behind you than it does on the back window. 3. The front cup holders are better than in older Jetta's but they are still in a poor position (drop down in front of the stereo controls). My vehicle does not have any for the rear seat (I am told that mid-year versions will).
Overall review: I can't say enough great things about this car! I compared it to about 10 other vehicles, including SUV's, before I purchased. It was the best value by far and I am really excited about driving it. I look for excuesses to just drive around (Honey, do we need any milk?).
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next