2002 Jaguar X-TYPE

This is a great car, no matter what Yahoo says!! by Bridogg on 10/13/2009. Trim: 2002 Jaguar X-TYPE 2.5, Owned 6 years.
Pros: 135 MPH with the 2.5
Cons: Yahoo dissing this car because they were paid to by someone. There is no other explaination.
Overall review: The best car I have ever owned, even after 8 years!
Bye Bye Baby Jag by Susie and Bruce form Ohio on 05/23/2009. Trim: 2002 Jaguar X-TYPE 3.0, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Beautiful Pearl White fell in love
Cons: 39,000 drove 3,000 in less than 6 months. Condesation problem said recirculating door was broken before I got to fix that the trans started slipping. 6 month power train warranty. My dealer to Jag dealer. Seal in transfer case leaking whole case has to be replaced 5,100 warranty doesn't cover seals. My GM made dealer to dealer 3,400 I was to pay 1,000 OK fix it. No now the trans is bad due to low fluid and it's 8,100 to fix. My GM said come pick out another car. I had driven the car the 100 miles to my dealer and he another 20 to the Jag dealer so what really happened I don't know they had to tow it back. My car was gone 7 weeks and I had to choose another in 1 day. Got an 06" Fusion
Overall review: The car was bought for my birthday and we were thrilled with it. I usually drive a car for 10 years and thought buying a quailty car it would last. I had traded in a Riveria which had. Thank goodness I had a dealer that at least let me choose another car.
A Great Jaguar Value by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/04/2005. Trim: 2002 Jaguar X-TYPE 2.5, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Baby Jag with many features of more expensive Jaguar Models.
Cons: Tall people may find the front seat a bit cramped.
Overall review: This model stands up to the Jaguar Brand. My X-Type never disappoints.
Try and find a sexier car by The main Jane on 07/14/2008. Trim: 2002 Jaguar X-TYPE 2.5, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The handling in winter is amazing! I get lots of compliments in it due to its styling and I have been averaging about 27MPG.
Cons: Repair costs are high if you don't do your homework. I usually buy parts online then take them to my mechanic saving a ton over OEM Jag parts. Ford does(did?) own jaguar so you will notice their influence in it but not enough to compare it with a Taurus.
Overall review: I love owning a Jag, it's so different than owing a bland Camry or Accord or some other cookie cutter vehicle. I just truned over 100k and have never had a major problem, amazing what happens when you take care of your stuff.
nothing but pleasurable by lyonmane from Baltimore on 08/03/2006. Trim: 2002 Jaguar X-TYPE 2.5, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: After driving V8s for the past 12 years, I was hesitant about 'downgrading' to a V6, however even the 2.5L model has enough pep to make highway driving and lane changes not only safe, but fun. The interior is very roomy for a compact. For a basic sound system, I am very inpressed with the quality of sound. I disagree with one reviewer who claims the heated seats to be too hot; they are comfortable even in light dress pants. Also, as this is my first all wheel drive vehicle, I was impressed with how the car handles on a wide variety of road surfaces. Finally, I was unaware of the attention it would get from pedestrians, which has thus far been all favorable.
Cons: The design of the rear of the vehicle. Performance is top notch, and the front of the car looks great, but something was lost in the design of the rear. And look around as you drive - notice how similar the rear of this car is to a Hyundai?
Overall review: An excellent car that has opened my eyes and definitely shifted my attention towards Jaguar. I look forward to see what this company has to offer by the time I begin to look to purchase another car. I will also mention that the Jaguar dealership and maintenance department have been outstanding in their service - above and beyond anything experienced before with prior dealerships.