2002 GMC Envoy

what a problem by red on 11/10/2010. Trim: 2002 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: really liked the look of the gmc envoy, all the extras, just everything about it
Cons: there was a recall on a part this i did'nt know about until after my son was in a single car accident my insurance went through the roof. since that time i've seen so many envoys on the fwy in single vehicle accident and always wonder if it was the same problem that was with mine. because of that i was never comfortable in that car again, its still on my sons driving record as an at fault accident. never would buy one again.. even though i love the look of the envoy, just goes to show looks aren't everything
Overall review: i'm sure this problem has been solved, just sorry it was so late for me.
A pretty good truck by Kelly from Rochester, NY on 01/02/2004. Trim: 2002 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: We love the heated seats, and the dual climate control. The 6 disc in-dash CD changer is NICE. The DVD is perfect for our nephews. The sensor wiper blades are very handy. The leather seats are extremely comfortable. We also love the steering wheel controls. The memory functions with keyless entry are especially nice as my husband is taller than I am! (I've heard that the seats in the Lexus don't adjust until you put the key in the ignition-how frustrating!)
Cons: Some parts seem cheap. We've had 2 power outlet covers snap off because they are made of plastic. The rear wiper blade doesn't work sometimes. The driver side windshield washer has become clogged twice now (conveniently during the winter) The first time the dealer unclogged it;looks like we'll have to go back (thawing didn't help). We've also had the interior weather stripping re-glued because it was drooping on the front driver side, and rear passenger side. The braking is somewhat hesitant. I agree w/other reviews in that the very front cup holder is not in the best spot. We also have some rust spots developing after only a year and a half!!
Overall review: Overall my husband and I love our vehicle. We're just a bit frustrated that we're dealing with nit-picky things, even though we spent a good chunk of change. I'm concerned about how much more we'll have to deal with. The gas mileage may not be optimal, but it's excellent for the amount of power it has. Ours is black and looks extremely sharp when nicely washed and waxed. :-) I'm impressed that I'm able to drive this truck (I'm only 5ft tall!). It's an extremely comfortable ride, and the engine is quiet. We really like all the bells and whistles. I'm not sure, however, that I'd be eager to recommend this vehicle to a friend. It would depend on what they are looking for.
Motor Trend got it right, "SUV of the year" by Southerner on 01/18/2008. Trim: 2002 GMC Envoy SLE 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Very nice for a long drive.
Cons: None
Overall review: Has been a pleasure to own.
Review ID: #521932 Is this review offensive?
Very finely built vehicle. by Jayhawk on 09/27/2005. Trim: 2002 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Excellent Handling and good fuel mileage.
Cons: Only five passenger.
Overall review: Has been a very reliable vehicle
Superb engineering by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/13/2004. Trim: 2002 GMC Envoy XL SLT 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The Inline 6 engine is very impressive. Very nice pickup and very smooth. Woodgrain and aluminum trim package is impressive and the leather seating is high quality. Very modern interior with many gadgets located in easy to reach places.
Cons: Lift gate is heavy and no real place to grab while lifting.
Overall review: I would say the quality of this vehicle is outstanding. The fit and finish will rival any vehicle built. It is very well equipped and the I6 engine is an outstanding standard feature. The legroom for both the 2nd and 3rd row seating is great. The smooth ride makes driving a large vehicle feel like a car. I am very impressed by GMC's engineering of this vehicle and would recommend it to all.