2001 Toyota Highlander

A Sheep in Wolfs Clothing by No Minivan Mom from Duncansville, PA on 03/13/2003. Trim: 2001 Toyota Highlander V6 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Manuvers, drives and rides like a car with the convenience and protection of a 4WD without the bulk! !
Cons: Brakes tend to be a little spongey but does not diminish from braking capability.
Overall review: Toyota has kept their quality, fit, styling and comfort of a luxury car and combined it with the sporty, functional, and protection of a 4-wheel drive truck. Way to go Toyota!
The Ultimate "SUV". by Chet, Colorado on 06/18/2012. Trim: 2001 Toyota Highlander V6 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Best car I have ever owned
Cons: would like to see on demand all-wheel drive
Overall review: Great value for the money
The Real Ride by Mildred from Allenhurst Georgia on 02/18/2008. Trim: 2001 Toyota Highlander V6 2WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I love the fact that I can say car and not truck. I Love it because it is on a car chassis. It drives smoothly. I have had my car (suv) for 7 years and 133 thousand miles later, I have just now had to do minor maintenance on my car. I kept up with my oil changes (every 3 thousand miles) and my car has taken care of me. It is a quiet, luxurious ride. I really love the fact that I ride a little up than my Honda Accord. Any long trips we make,we take the Highlander. the sound system is wonderful and I love my six CD changer.
Cons: I have a roll bar and I live on a dirt road, so when it rains my roll bar collects lots of dirt. The headlights are wonderful for me driving at night, but I am flashed by many drivers in the opposite lanes. I think they believe I have on my brights (high beams), when I do not.
Overall review: It is WONDERFUL CAR, just buy one!!!!
Great crossover vehicle by smart consumer on 10/03/2007. Trim: 2001 Toyota Highlander V6 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: A great refined ride and plenty of room for everything you wish to take with you. Superb Toyota quality.
Cons: None
Overall review: An absolute dream. Has the versatility of an SUV but very car-like. Have not had any trouble with mine. Just regular maintenance and new tires. Toyota has never disappointed me in the past.That's why I remain a loyal customer. Hope they continue the highest level of quality control in the auto industry. Quality, reliability, and safety-- these are the most important points we consider when purchasing autos.
2001 Highlander Fan by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/15/2007. Trim: 2001 Toyota Highlander 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: It's comfortable and not a bulky SUV to drive or park. I feel safe. It's the car that is the most functional in our family...dogs, friends, kids, sports equipment, hauling - you can pop the seats up and down and it meets all of our needs. Gas mileage isn't bad for it being an SUV.
Cons: Better cup holders in the front. There are plenty in the back, but my highlander doesn't have the console and just has the cup holders that fold up and down on the side of the drivers seat. They are alright, but when you are driving it's sometimes hard to "feel around" withouth taking your eyes off the road, making sure you hit the cup holder - because it is so low.
Overall review: I love my highlander - I think they are affordable long lasting cars that could meet most any familys needs with out gulping gas and being extremely comfortable for long trips or just to zip into the grocery store right quick. Very functional.