2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7

2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 Prices
2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 Fuel Economy
Best Mid Size SUV for the Money by Randy Texas on 10/04/2010. Trim: 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 Touring 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: The vehicle has been trouble free-still has the original factory battery 10 years old-seats 7 -got 0 percent financing -tows my boat well 17ft- tires get 60,000 miles
Cons: gas mileage around 19-20 but hey it can tow like small truck
Overall review: Suzuki makes reliable vehicles when built by suzuki overseas-dependable good paint ride and towing I got a good price and 0 financing Its as good as any Honda/Toyota and costs less
JUNK SUZUKI by A CarPoint Consumer on 12/15/2001. Trim: 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 Limited 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: NONE
Cons: CHEAP. IF YOU LIKE PLASTIC YOU WILL LIKE THIS TOY THEY CALL A SUV. DO NOT EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME LOOKING AT THIS.
Overall review: Biggest peice of s#@& i ever bought. There is nothing good to say about this.
The Best XL-7 ever by KC87 on 03/09/2009. Trim: 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 Standard 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Inexpensive, invisible to police, Durable. and I find the windshield has great visibility.
Cons: It lacks the hill climbing power, larger people will find it uncomfortable.
Overall review: My parants gave me this Suv to go to college with. I'm very hard on cars and this is one that keeps on taking the punishment. I haven't had it in to get fixed for 4 years. I went off the road in the 2007 winter ice I hit a snowbank and destroyed the front plastic bumper. and drove out of the ditch. I think this suzuki brand goes under rated because of honda toyota nissan and the other big 3. Bottom line Suzuki is not like Kia or Hyundai. they are strong reliable SUV's And I'm only going to buy XL-7's from now on.
Best SUV out there by Gonzalo on 02/10/2007. Trim: 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 Plus 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: tows, seats 7, big-fat-sticky-tires, steering is excelent, good looks, extremelly reliable, engine roar when you step on it. Performance: step on it and it GOES, handling is great, handbrake works great (don't ask how I know). GREAT offroading, and mine is 2WD with just a little switch that transfers a small percentage of the power to the front. but it's still great. Burns out nicely
Cons: gas mileage (16mpg), it chews tires, radio is so-so.
Overall review: I DEFINETILY recommend this SUV, a great option to those huge gas-guzzling SUVs. this is faster, more economic and more nimble than those huge gas guzzlers. But don't think that it's unsafe because of that, this SUV has excellent crash test ratings and weights almost 4000lbs. great offroading, fun, and looks good.
A sporty alternative to a mini-van by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/24/2006. Trim: 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 Touring 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The shift lever 4 wheel drive instead of a push button. Less hassles. The seats are comfortable, the engine is peppy and does wonderful on fuel mileage compared to its 7 passenger (larger) counterparts.
Cons: The lack of styling on the interior. Could use some sprucing up.
Overall review: When looking for a vehicle I felt as though I would have to go to a mini-van to get the seating I wanted with a decent MPG rating. I found a mighty SUV that seats what I want and gets the fuel range I was looking for and low and behold, it even tows my camper!! What a bargin.