2001 Audi S8

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Ouch, this is fast. Very fast. by Alex from Houston, TX on 07/27/2001. Trim: 2001 Audi S8 4.2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: sports car in disguise, impeccable Audi build quality, refinement, luxury.
Cons: the exhaust note is, well, there is none. personally, a car with this level of performance needs a sexy voice to accompany a sexy personality
Overall review: to put this car's performance into perspective, in my factory-stock S8, I beat a stripped race-trim Z28 hands-down at Buttonwillow. without a governor chip, I ran 186 at Texas World Speedway's banked oval, in my factory-stock, 2-ton luxury sedan. With a CD playing. This is one hella car.
Those that do not know, will never understand. by Jeremy on 04/14/2006. Trim: 2001 Audi S8 4.2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: What is there not to like? The understated styling may have a "no fuss, no muss" approach, but that is what the Germans are famous for... Minimalism. With this car, the Germans are only outdone by the current model S8. The lines are clean and the performance is impeccable.
Cons: The only downside to this vehicle is the limited life of the heated steering wheel, and head rest motors.
Overall review: This has been my dream car since it's appearance in "Ronin". From the suede seats to the Brembo brakes, this car SCREAMS "Vary expensive and you should know about me, but you probably don't, because you're not informed!"
Everything I could want in a car by Mike from Toronto on 10/03/2004. Trim: 2001 Audi S8 4.2, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love the understated looks, I don't want to be in a fish bowl while driving around town.. the power is huge, passing, or just nailing it on the highway gives a surge of power that makes you laugh like a mad man
Cons: I've owned it under warranty, and I'm lucky that was the case, its had some issues, loose connections, buttons falling off, windshield washer died..
Overall review: Even with its questionable reliability, this car brings a smile to my face everytime, the seats are the most comfortable I've ever sat in, interior is beautiful, and the AWD was unstoppable in the winter months. The lease is up this month, I may try a 7 series next, but I will miss this car.. best car I've driven to this date
This S8 rocks my world. by Ralph from Seattle on 02/25/2004. Trim: 2001 Audi S8 4.2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Unbelievable performance. smooth, powerful, and simply a joy to drive. Doesn't stand out in a crowd, but better than the Benz, Q45, and LS 430.
Overall review: What a joy to own, drive, and even wash.
A feat of engineering by First-one-on-the-block from SF, CA on 10/26/2003. Trim: 2001 Audi S8 4.2, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This is the most complete performance vehicle I've ever driven, and I've driven pretty much everything. The ability to take five passengers and cargo comfortably through the twisties and stop as fast a two-seater is a true feat of engineering. The S8 has the 50 horses and the weight/brake/suspension advantages to make a good A8 great.
Cons: The sport seats are not comfortable for the father/mother-in-law set. Also, there's a few trim quirks, such as the latch on the arm rest storage and the protruding front door trim, that should have had more thought.
Overall review: I've gotten every dollar's worth from this car. Its clean styling hides its power -- something BMW and Mercedes can't seem to get right. After three years, I can honestly say this car still makes me smile. Particularly when my right foot presses down! The next one will be even more of a beast, however this car is not to be missed in a driving enthusiast's lifetime.
2 3 4 5 6  Next