2001 Audi allroad quattro

Dad's cool car by Ky allroad on 11/01/2008. Trim: 2001 Audi allroad quattro 2.7T, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Power is good, not quite great. Handling is excellent for it's weight. AWD is very secure and confidence inspiring. The suspension is a bit gimmicky but fun to play with and is self leveling with a heavy load. Bose stereo is very good. The heated seats are nice when the weather gets chilly. In the summer it has a power sunroof that runs the blower to cool the interior of the car preventing the scalding seat syndrome. The xenon headlights are pretty cool as well. People often tell me what a cool car (and it's a wagon) it is.
Cons: Mileage isn't great (I get 18-22 mpg depending on where I drive). Routine and unexpected maintenance issues are pricey but that seems to be the price of owning a car with so many bells and whistles. The 2001 era GPS is beyond worthless, I don't even turn it on. This seems to be a problem for any older built it GPS though, no way to upgrade. It's geared really low so that even with a 5 speed tiptronic It revs pretty high on the highway, higher gears would ease the fuel consumption as well. Cup holders!! It's pretty obvious that germans really don't want people drinking in their cars, smoking is ok they have a lot of ash trays, but cup holders are pathetic.
Overall review: I like the car, it is heavy and deliberate but safe and secure. I trust the safety of my children in it much more than the japanese box we had before. All together it's a nice car, I like the convenience of a wagon. Buying it used is great since the depreciation allowed me to buy a 50K car for under 10 with 80K miles on it. I would recommend it to the right person. Be aware that you will pay more to keep it on the road than you would a camry but people who enjoy driving wouldn't want to drive that kind of appliance (um... car) anyway. My kids like it better and brag about dads car to their friends.
allroad for naive people by A fool from Chicago on 03/23/2012. Trim: 2001 Audi allroad quattro 2.7T, Owned 9 years.
Pros: The way it handles wet and snow
Cons: very sensitive and expensive to fix. air suspension will go bad after only 5 years. air sensors need to be replaced every 40,000 miles The cooling fan blade will break at 100000 and slash the cooling radiator. I never heard of such thing till now and I owned some poor french cars in previous life. Stay away from the factory recommended Pirrelii tires. And most important: Audi dealers are very cocky.
Overall review: Don't buy it. You know what they say: First time: shame on you Second time: shame on me.
The best SUV is not a SUV at all - it is an allroad. by Tom on 09/15/2005. Trim: 2001 Audi allroad quattro 2.7T, Owned 4 years.
Pros: What a great car! It is fun to drive, roomy, luxurious and just as capable as many of the SUVs but with none of the drawbacks.
Cons: Nothing to dislike.
Overall review: We love this car and I just hope that Audi will keep this in their line for a long time.
2001 Allroad by LB MI on 02/16/2009. Trim: 2001 Audi allroad quattro 2.7T, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love the Allroad when there aren't problems.
Cons: There always seems to be something that needs fixing, and is always expensive. For a car this expensive, the seats seem a bit chincy, and not very supportive.
Overall review: Would I buy the same vehicle again? Probably... Well built and solid, except for the constant repairs/problems. Mine needs a new clutch, cost to replace approximately $3500.
allroad galore by John NC on 03/20/2007. Trim: 2001 Audi allroad quattro 2.7T, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I hear alot of people bugging on tha allroad because of its supposed bad fuel economy. I have own an allroad since 2001 and with the ruetine services the average for gas milage is way higher than what is listed on a spec sheet .20-25 city 35-40 hwy.
Cons: The only con I have is the price to fix small problems and that there are limited people to work on an allroad outside of dealerships.
Overall review: The best car or suv or wagon that I have owned.