2001 Mazda 626

2001 Mazda 626 Prices
2001 Mazda 626 Fuel Economy
Dependable by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/20/2007. Trim: 2001 Mazda 626 ES V6, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I bought this car new and now have 59000 miles on it, 0 recalls, 0 problems. I let the dealer service it and the only things I have replaced are the drive belts, battery and windshied wipers. It is an automatic so I had the transmission flushed at 30k and will do again at 60k, I had the anti freeze changed after 5 years. Oil changes every 3-5 K. This one has a Mazda transmission, I know that many of the 4 cyl's had a Ford transmission. I noted the last time I was at the dealer that Mazda now put's Mazda transmissions in all the cars they sell. A relative has a 2000 lx v6 standard trans, he has 90k on it and had not had any problems, just brakes, battery, tires, belts, stuff that wears out
Cons: No complaints
Overall review: Most problem free car that I have owned.
626 LX - V6 5speed - A car that is meant to drive by RV from Dallas,TX on 08/03/2001. Trim: 2001 Mazda 626 LX V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Its speed, handling, comfortability, and style.
Cons: Not very much. Maybe a lumbar bar for driver's seat.
Overall review: A great car so far - It only has 500 miles at present. It's a 5-speed V6 - so it is very fun to drive. Cars are meant to drive. I plan on keeping the car 6 years!
Review ID: #192762 Is this review offensive?
baltimore,md by red on 07/03/2011. Trim: 2001 Mazda 626 LX, Owned 9 years.
Pros: gas- mph
Cons: Transmission changed at 112000
Overall review: After handling me for many yrs. can say its a good car. Just little maintnance there and there.Still alive at 156000
ZOOM,ZOOM - GREAT CAR,GREAT PRICE by Paul Reynolds, West Columbia,Tx on 07/14/2004. Trim: 2001 Mazda 626 LX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: peppy 4 cylinder,great fuel economy,comfort of much more expensive cars. I Love It!
Overall review: i have worked in the automobile industry as a technician for 14 years,i have seen very good cars and very bad cars. most of the problems that i deal with on a daily basis are mostly from the lack of maintenance,but there are a few manufacturing problems. a car will last as long as YOU let it. change your oil,service the transmission,balance and rotate the tires,change filters. TUNE-UP,TUNE-UP,TUNE-UP! a little care goes a long way. don't blame the maker for the lack of basic maintenance!
Terrible Transmission by Mark from Laguna on 04/30/2004. Trim: 2001 Mazda 626 LX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The car is very good looking and is comfortable on long trips.
Cons: The transmission is horrible! At 78,500 miles the O/D light started flashing and then the tranny overheated. The internet is full of similar problems. Luckily, when the dealership told me the price to replace was $3100.00 I took the car to Ammco for a second opinion. I got it fixed for $1100.
Overall review: I have babied this car, as I do all my cars. For a transmission to go out on a car this age in this day and age is completely unacceptable. I thought I had done research on this vehicle, but I didn't look at previous years of this model. When they get to a certain mileage, which seems to be between 50 and 80k the transmission goes out. Be very careful in purchasing this vehicle.