2001 Jaguar S-TYPE

My neighbors are jealous !!!! :o) by The Jazz Man on 09/07/2010. Trim: 2001 Jaguar S-TYPE 3.0, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I wanted a cheap luxury car to drive to work in some style - and this is what I went for. No regrets! I picked up a 2001 S type 3.0 with 120k for $5000. Excellent exterior condition. The engine looks new, clean and fresh. Solid doors. You feel safe in this car. The car glides along the road and you get looks as you go! :o) Interior on mine was in good condition. The roof trim was coming away over the rear seats but the dealer is fixing. Lots of gadgets and luxury. Cruise is easy and I like the 'resume' switch so after braking I can hit it and the car flies up to speed. I would have liked the 4.2 V8 but for $5000 this was a steal. I get 26-28 mpg using cruise at 65mph.
Cons: It's done 120K miles so I've replaced the brakes with ceramic pads front and rear. Cost $200 for parts and labor, I know the mechanic. The shocks have all gone, replacing those too - $80 each, including labor it'll be a $500 fix. New tires - another $420 for 4 out the door. After all of this the car should be good for another 100,000 miles. The car rides very low, but that's a Jag for you. Rear view is a little minimal. Sunroof could be bigger. But really.... there's nothing I don't like.
Overall review: If you want a luxury car at a cheap price, gets plus 25mpg (premium fuel though), my insurance only went up $25/mth..... then find a good one and you'll be fine. This car is solid - I think the 3.0 V6 is a little under-powered. Next time I'm going for the 4.2 V8. It corners like a sports car... I think I'm hooked on this car. Its big and beautiful.... and you only live once! I got a $48,000 car for $5000 because it's a 2001 and done 120K miles. PS - love the wood trim and heated leather seats!
almost perfect by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/19/2009. Trim: 2001 Jaguar S-TYPE 4.0, Owned 1 year.
Pros: performance and style
Cons: some interior parts rattle
Overall review: very good
Classy British Car, . . . Sorry American. by Gabriel on 04/14/2008. Trim: 2001 Jaguar S-TYPE 4.0, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very stylish for 8 years old car. I just bought it 3 weeks ago with only 33K miles on it. Its performance is beyond my expection. Very smooth and quiet. Even tho it is 8 years old car, it still catch some people's eyes as I drive by. Heh.
Cons: Tight rear passenger seat space. But who care? I don't often have passenger with me tho.
Overall review: Beautiful car! If you have the love of British car, go for Jaguar! Beside Jaguar, I had Land Rover which is wonderful SUV. I go for anything from England.
Nice ride by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/29/2007. Trim: 2001 Jaguar S-TYPE 3.0, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Styling Looks Compliments Smooth acceleration Quite ride
Cons: None
Overall review: You can rest assure you will receive nothing but compliments when driving this car.
Review ID: #520793 Is this review offensive?
head-turner by previous mercedes,imperial, and sls owner on 07/25/2001. Trim: 2001 Jaguar S-TYPE 3.0, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: smooth ride on road; 80 mph feels like 60 mph; head-turner; gas mileage good
Cons: a.c. is slow to cool on hot days; initial rattles took two trips to dealer to correct; brake pedal too narrow
Overall review: unique style and smooth ride make the drawbacks less painful