2001 Daewoo Lanos

2001 Daewoo Lanos Prices
2001 Daewoo Lanos Fuel Economy
Lanos by Becky, Eau Claire, WI on 03/21/2004. Trim: 2001 Daewoo Lanos S Hatchback, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The price. Easy handling when driving.
Cons: It's a little small, which is why I bought it. But it's hard to get things in the back. Not enough interior places to put things ie disks, etc. The first month I had this car, I was driving in heavy traffic, downhill, and my car shifted or something. I pushed the pedal and nothing happened. Also, my seatbelt didn't work once for about a week. I forced it to work. Told the dealer about it. Finally it worked. The dealer never called to tell me if the new seatbelt was it or not. Bad service.
Overall review: I would really like to hear from others that own the Lanos. The car is good so far, but the dealer is lacking in customer service. I don't even go there for anything anymore. They're rude and I feel like I'm intruding on them when I 'went' with a problem. As above, they never pursued the shifting thing. And never replied about the seatbelt working. I really like my car but am afraid if something really bad happens the dealer is going to give me a hard time about it, or nothing at all.
Review ID: #419603 Is this review offensive?
Better than a Civic Hatchback by UCD boy on 07/12/2003. Trim: 2001 Daewoo Lanos Sport Hatchback, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Initially did not want to look at this car, but when I went to the dealer I was impressed with the following: BRAND NEW that comes with a two tone leather trim seats (red and black), and a two tone dash (black and silver). The exterior came with a spoiler, side skirt, and 14'' alloy wheels. All of the accessories, A/C, CD AND cassette, power windows, power mirrors, power doorlocks, LEATHER TRIM STEERING WHEEL, and HANDBRAKE were all at NO CHARGE.
Cons: The trunk floor, they could have done a better job since the interior overall looks really awesome. Also, the 14'' wheels kind of look like 13'' wheels, but they're really not.
Overall review: You CANNOT find a lower price for all the accessories they give you. My friends say that it's cute, and looks like a mini Civic. So if you want to stand out in the hatchback world since it's dominated by Civics, get this car. Heck, it even has more power and an interior that is similar to a SLK. You won't see Civics with this...
little scooter by demon seed on 06/29/2003. Trim: 2001 Daewoo Lanos S Hatchback, Owned 2 years.
Overall review: i got taken for a ride
lanos by A CarPoint Consumer on 09/06/2002. Trim: 2001 Daewoo Lanos S Hatchback, Owned less than 1 year.
Cons: Factory is having financial problems.
Overall review: Great for the price! Whether it is a cadillac,lexus or daewoo all cars are integrated chasis and front wheel drive.All these cars are disposable pieces of junk. So why pay more! The only difference is that the more expensive the car ,the more the toys it has.Kind of like those fisher price dashboard toys for babies.
Better than Hyundai, not quite a Honda by EVETS255 on 02/10/2002. Trim: 2001 Daewoo Lanos S Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Stylish for and inexpensive car. Looks much better than the Kias or Hyundais that are similar in price. gets good Gas milage and I have not had any problems so far .
Cons: Small, but to be expected with entry level cars. Great for two people but backseats are virtually usless for adults, but kids fit good.
Overall review: Runs quiet for a korean car. Most have higher engine noise and most are cursed with wind noise. The Lanos seems to do good on both of these. If you are looking at used Honda Civics and you are against a new Hyundai Accent, try the Daewoo Lanos Sedan, very sharp and right inbetween. I am very happy with mine.