2001 Mazda MPV

MPV...Most Preferred Van!!! by Ms. Kitkat from Indiana... on 10/01/2001. Trim: 2001 Mazda MPV ES, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It's not what I like about this van...it's about what I love. I never wanted to be a van owner soccer mom (our kids play tennis), BUT I can't imagine being without my MPV!!! We purchased the model with the TV/VCR and my husband and son who hates shopping now both sit in the back seats snacking & watching movies while my daughter and I shop, with no complaints! PLENTY of storage room, people friendly,and one of the best features is the roll down side windows! The engine is so quiet there were several times we tried to start it when it was already started!!! We have owned this van for aprox. 2months and I am happy, and you know what they say when mom is happy....everybody's happy! :)
Cons: There is two things to mention that we don't like and that is the STINKY exhaust (rotten egg odor)!!! We took it to the dealer and they couldn't detect the problem...we'll give it another couple months or so and see if it goes away..changing gas grades/companies didn't help. The 2nd thing is the lack of power seats and power side doors, but I would say I still have my cake and am eating it too! :)
Overall review: I would highly recommend this MPV to everyone who likes the car like ride but the van like room...it is the ultimate ride! As my kids would say: It's "SWEEEET".
Love my MPV!!! by Richard Camacho Torrance california on 06/03/2013. Trim: 2001 Mazda MPV LX, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I have had this van new- its great, easy to park
Cons: small wheels -
Overall review: I wish they still made them!!!
Poorly Enginnered by Jim on 08/11/2012. Trim: 2001 Mazda MPV, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Smallish for a minivan made it a balst drive.
Cons: Poorly designed, need to remove front wheel axle to replace altenator, just silly.
Overall review: Was fun to drive, but not my favorite.
GREAT VAN! by Nob Hill on 08/28/2007. Trim: 2001 Mazda MPV LX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Drives like a car. Easy maintenance. Now at 92,000mi ...no major issues. Reliable. Always follow maintenance recommended and it will work for you. You can change oil yourself without complications. 3rd row seat is a breeze to fold. I always carry a lot of stuff with me and this is just a perfect size for me. Has an A/V outlet at the back so you can attach common devices and watch in the screen that goes with it. Deep trunk space is a great feature.
Cons: Cup holders in front can hold cups well. They improved this in the latter models. Shifting is not smooth on city driving. Had to turn of O/D to get it running better.
Overall review: Very recommendable for a family. Also for those who has a lot of stuff to bring. Boxes, tools, groceries,etc. With the height of the vehicle, its easy coming in and out without stooping over. I'm just sad to hear that they discontinued making MPV's after 2005. I wish Mazda would come back with a Van.
DOWN WITH HONDA by Knowledge from Canada on 06/22/2007. Trim: 2001 Mazda MPV DX, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Everything, this vehicle for us has had an amazing track record. Its quiet, refined and on long trips very comfortable. The power is good, and the gas mileage is great. The folding rear seat is great and side windows that retract are a huge plus for dogs and kids. I love everything about this van.
Cons: My only con is on some of these reviews this van is an amazing van and do not listen to those who tell you not to buy this Mazda it is a very very good car; I would advise you to use your own sense look at the vehicle and dont listen to those other ads Mazda always surpasses Hondas. Trust me.
Overall review: MPV is a reliable, quiet, refined and very good looking van. I appreciate Mazda for making this vehicle for it has made this for me and my family easier, more enjoyable and better. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A VAN BUY THE MAZDA MPV OR THE NEW MAZDA5 THEY ARE ALMOST PERFECT!