2001 Kia Sportage

Nice, gas efficient, durable car by Sweatergodd on 06/22/2013. Trim: 2001 Kia Sportage 4-Door 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Very gas efficient. About 50 bucks will up the tank completely from E
Cons: Low acceleration. Ive only been able to get mine up to 90 mph on a good day.
Overall review: Very durable car. Ive had it for 12 years and with over 200,000 miles on it, it still works very well.
LOVE MY KIA SPORTAGE by CAT G. Anacortes, WA on 05/23/2012. Trim: 2001 Kia Sportage 4-Door 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I own a 2001 Kia Sportage and I love it. There is plenty of room and a great turning radious. You can park anywhere. The 4 wheel drive is also very easy to work.
Cons: It might be a little too compact for tall and extra-large men.
Overall review: I love the sporty look. The only thing my Kia lacks is a moon roof. That would be awsome.
Crazy little SUV by J in GC on 11/21/2009. Trim: 2001 Kia Sportage 4-Door 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: My average with a few bad parts has been 22 mpg. I can't wait to fix my engine, I'm expecting it to get at least 25. Also the interior space isn't too bad, i am almost 6 ft. and driving it leaves enough room for adults to still fit in back. I even had 2 15" subs in the back. It is very sound proof, can't hear anything outside the car. It is only a 15 gallon tank, so it doesn't cost much to fill up. I haven't used the 4x4 yet, but from what I understand it's got front and rear limited slip differentials so all 4 wheels lock up when in 4wd and thats exactly what I need it to do. It has almost 8 inches of ground clearance, not bad at all.
Cons: I can't find decent aftermarket parts, like lift kits or exhaust. I will need to end up modifying stuff to fit on this. I haven't really had problems other than what was wrong when I bought it. The things wrong now is the O2 sensor is bad (one of the 2), my airbag light is flashing due to the knee airbag, when the remote start was installed they unplugged the airbag and it tripped the sensor to signal a problem. Other than that the oil pan gaskets are leaking and need changed, then the vacuum hoses for the 4wd got disconnected which is why i haven't used it yet.
Overall review: Not many problems, the ones it has are somewhat easy to fix. If it wasn't for a lack of offroad parts this SUV would be much better overall, smoother ride from suspension upgrades, and bigger better tires due to lifting it. I plan on adding dynamat to the entire vehicle to combat some of the road noise. I'm thinking all 4 door, floor and firewall. The time belt needed changed every 60,000 or less so it's a pain but if you can change it, everything will be cool. It has 12v plugs in the rear and front, has 3 cup holders, i have power windows, mirrors, locks, the works and not any problems yet. I have 103,000 miles on this now.
FREE KIA... please take it by SUCKER on 03/06/2009. Trim: 2001 Kia Sportage EX 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I like the style and find it comfy. Good gas mileage.
Cons: There are soooooooo many. This is the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. If its not in the repair shop, it sitting in my driveway because it wont start. I am lucky if i get to drive it 2 weeks straight without something else needing repaired.
Overall review: After I rebuild the whole thing , due to repairs, it might be ok.... JUNK
School Teacher by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/16/2008. Trim: 2001 Kia Sportage EX 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Easy to get into and comfortable if a tall person. Also easy to drive. You get a value comparable to the money you spent.
Cons: Timing belt issues. Gas tank rusted out at 80,000 miles. Replaced engine, under warranty, at 65000 miles. Front cup holder, well you know!
Overall review: This was my second Sportage. I really have enjoyed the vehicle. Good in snow with the four wheel drie.