2001 Acura MDX

Buy a Chevy! Transmission problems that acura will not back inspite recall! by DD on 08/25/2011. Trim: 2001 Acura MDX Base, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Comfort and reliabity until transmission goes out.
Cons: I loved this vehicle and did service and especially the transmission over and above recommendations. NOW Acura/Honda says I have too many miles yet under 100k they would have done something. Yet recalls are on this vehicle for same problem I know have. So don't take care of your transmission because if it lasts over 100k they won't help! Even though it does depend on the dealer!! Now there are recalls on newer models same issue!! Nice Acura! Shame on you!!
Overall review: .... NOt happy with $4000 transmission replacement ! Even a chevy will out last this Acura!
great suv by will i am on 09/02/2012. Trim: 2001 Acura MDX Touring w/ Nav System, Owned 3 years.
Pros: relieable,c0mfort,styling
Cons: road noise
Overall review: great suv
Rock solid for 10 years. by 72roadrunner%20from%20Utah on 07/23/2011. Trim: 2001 Acura MDX Base, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Rock solid reliability
Cons: Wow, I just can't think of any. No, wait, there have been a lot of light bulbs burn out in dash switches. I have had other old cars that never had dash lights burn out.. The bulbs are a real pain to replace.
Overall review: I have owned my 2001 MDX now for 10 years. It has been amazingly trouble free. I have never owned a car that I have never had to take into the shop for anything but routine maintenance. This thing is unstoppable in the snow. I have a steep driveway and in the winter time this MDX is the only vehicle that can make it up, including other AWD vehicles (such as Bravada) The MDX climbs through without dramatics. The leather on the seats is holding up amazingly well. I do put leather conditioner on it, but it looks as new with few wrinkles or creases. Other than replacing light bulbs in the dash and console, this MDX has been completely trouble free.
Another great luxury SUV from Acura by Me from Dallas on 03/20/2010. Trim: 2001 Acura MDX Touring, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Towing capacity is nice. The automatic 4WD is a great feature. The door panels and dashboard are soft touch materials. Honda quality. VTEC. Plenty of power from the engine. Seats are very comfortable for long road trips. Cargo capacity is impressive for a mid-size SUV. So many standard features such as 8 way power adjustable seats on both the driver and passenger seat, leather trimmed seats (hmm both of those aren't standard on the X5 even today), etc. I also like how the MDX has only 2 3rd row seats. I would gladly sacrifice one seat I wouldn't use so I don't need to hear kids whining from lack of space. The MDX provides all the space I need, but isn't too big to drive through city streets.
Cons: The rear A/C fan went out a few years ago. And we had to replace the gas tank in 2002. some minor rattles in the dashboard and sun visor on rough roads, but the car's 9 years old. A/C fan control is weird, but no big deal. Requires 93 octane gasoline. No room in the 3rd row, I would have preferred the elevated 3rd row like in other cars.
Overall review: We were about to purchase the behemoth Suburban, but then went to the Dallas auto show and saw the MDX. I am glad I went. Overall, the MDX is a great all around vehicle and will gladly buy another.
7 Passenger by Large family on 12/20/2003. Trim: 2001 Acura MDX Touring w/ Nav System, Owned 2 years.
Pros: 7 Passenger