2001 Isuzu Trooper

Isuzu Trooper S te Conquista by Thonderstorm Guatemala on 09/28/2010. Trim: 2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Es un vehículo deportivo y familiar,además de ser un buen equipo para viajes largos y de carretera se desenvuelve muy bien en ciudad . Tiene todo al alcance de la mano especialmente donde va el piloto. Tiene un gran espacio interior muy cómodo,con grandes ventanas que no dejan perder la visión. La carrocería esta bien proporcionada y la cual da una apariencia de fortaleza rodante,todo un lujo en detalles.
Cons: No trae parrilla o portaequipajes original cosa que debería de ser estándar en este vehículo por tratarse de un vehículo deportivo y familiar y todoterreno . Consumo de combustible y aceite ,los precios de las gasolinas son inestables hoy en día y más cuando se trata de un motor V6 pero eso depende del uso que se le de al vehículo ó modo de manejo del propio propietario o personas . No trae seguro para niños en la puerta trasera. No trae desempañador en el vidrio de la puerta trasera pequeña.
Overall review: Darle siempre su mantenimiento general para tenerlo en optimas condiciones y evitar gastos innecesarios. Antes de comprar darle un su chequeo al motor ,caja de cambios, chasis etc. Ver más vehículos iguales antes de decirse por uno . No lo maltrate es una belleza. Muy recomendable para viajes largos.
Humboldt's Trooper by Humboldt_red on 03/01/2010. Trim: 2001 Isuzu Trooper S 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: reliable,with good off road capability,rides wel ,lhuals and carries about anything,excellent,in town or cross country,,the AWD works well, I like the motor,plenty of powerafter 8 years still,like new,It is aquiring character
Cons: gas mpg could be better,I DID know ahead of purchase,(replacing '91 TrooperII, It's bigger heavier,wider,more,more "American,It is still an Isuzu,not everyone likes them. There are very few if any dealers left.
Overall review: I call my Troop."Seven League Boots",I would buy another if they made it,overall,I'm glad I don't drive what everyone else drives
niceride by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/15/2007. Trim: 2001 Isuzu Trooper S 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Visability, all controls are in easy reach of driver.
Cons: i am still getting use to this vehicle because we have had only for a few weeks. although it's seven years old it is very clean and rides and drives good.
Overall review: very good for most driving. i bought this trooper for my son who is 16 and in high school. it seems to be just what he needs or any boy his age. it is roomy and easy to handle.
Super Trooper... by Trooper from Redmond on 09/05/2007. Trim: 2001 Isuzu Trooper LS 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Quality built solid truck. Worry-free 6 years of ownership, not a single (!!!) visit to dealer. Excellent aceleration, huge side windows, great ride comfort, precise steering, brakes still like new, unmatched quality overall. I do offroad trips a couple of times a year and it handles everything I throw its way like a champ (in stock configuration). I also have modified XJ but trust Trooper more. IMHO, this is the best SUV ever built and I have total respect for the great engineering put into this truck. GREAT job Isuzu!
Cons: Trooper is the last truck built in Japan by japanese work force of japanese parts and I plan to keep it 'till the end and REALLY HOPE Isuzu will introduce something new to the US market (outside of GM rebagged stuff). Looks like these days everything gets built off cheap chinese parts by min. wage workers elsewhere (best case in southern states). No wonder these trucks spend more time at dealer's than playing in dirt.
Overall review: Have 75K on it and it's still drives like new. Interestingly enough I found myself leaving a luxury car I own at home and driving Trooper not only weekdays, but weekends as well! I bought Audi A6 for trips to CA and Whistler (Canada), but again, ended up driving Trooper instead! The final verdict - this truck lives up to its name and well deserves all the kudos for its agile offroad behavior, compliant on-road driving, and fantastic quality!
I wish they still made them! by John from Alexandria, KY on 07/12/2006. Trim: 2001 Isuzu Trooper Limited 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Good acceleration with the V6. Provides great sight-lines with all the windows. Easy to park and manuever. The dual 4WD system is great. Push-button for the road and a shifter for low range. The BIGGEST moonroof I have ever seen.
Cons: Interior leather is light and gets dirty easily.
Overall review: I know the gas mileage isn't great, but if you want better mileage don't buy an SUV. It tows well and handles snow like a TROOPER. If they still made this vehicle I would buy another one in a minute. I still see plenty of them on the road.