2001 Mazda B-Series

2001 Mazda B-Series Prices
2001 Mazda B-Series Fuel Economy
Decent little truck by Mark on 05/10/2008. Trim: 2001 Mazda B-Series B2500 SE Reg. Cab 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Useful little truck, exterior styling is nice
Cons: complete lack of acceleration/ power, cramped interior
Overall review: I just traded this truck in for a new dodge magnum and let me tell you...what a difference. I bought this truck new and it has been pretty good to me. I put less that 70k miles on it the whole time I owned it and did have two problems. At about 4 years old with maybe 40-50k miles the EGR valve dies and I had to replace that (about a $700 repair). and at about 65k miles the weld that connected the exhaust pipe to the front of the muffler broke while driving down the interstate, I never fixed it but it was quoted at $300. I'm 6'0 tall and can't straighten my legs in the driver seat. The only other complaint I have about the vehicle is that it seems to do 0-60 in about 10 minutes. Acceleating to interstate speed is pretty slow going and your top-speed is about 95mph. Overall its a pretty good little truck. It always does what asked and is pretty practical, especially for shorter people who need to usefulness of a truck.
Lemon juice. by Dan on 04/29/2004. Trim: 2001 Mazda B-Series B3000 DS Reg. Cab 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This is no lie. I like getting out of this truck and shutting the door. I do like the appereance from outside the truck but that is all.
Cons: I dislike every mechanical failure I have seen with this truck: SPARK KNOCK, brakes, horn, steering, pwr windows & locks, dash trim, door trim and handles, engine lacks power, transmission is worse than my 1981 Dodge Aries K, I MUST burn mid or high grade gas in this truck to avoid Loud knock - Mazda still has not been able to correct issue 3 years going.
Overall review: I will not let any friend or enemy buy this truck. I seriously believe Ford should sell off the Mazda division. If Mazda can't even fix spark knock they don't deserve to be making and selling cars/trucks at all.
Satisfied Mazda owner by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/06/2004. Trim: 2001 Mazda B-Series B4000 DS Cab Plus 4 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Excellent 4.0 engine, better maintenance, better fuel, and better quality than my Dodge Dakota.
Cons: Stiff ride, depending on type of surface.
Overall review: Good midsize truck to handle basic needs. Low maintenance. Better than average for the price.
not to write home about by cosmok on 02/09/2002. Trim: 2001 Mazda B-Series B4000 SE Cab Plus 4 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: decent trans when it is not leaking. alright power better than the nissan and gm products.
Cons: leaky slipping tran. the tire thing. lack of space in the back of cab. seats are not that comfortable. little plasticy. just a ford
Overall review: ok but looking at getting rid of it
Great Midsize Truck by Jack on 12/14/2001. Trim: 2001 Mazda B-Series B4000 SE Cab Plus 4 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I've had this vehicle for 7 months now and It's just been a great vehicle. I would reccomend anyone looking for this type of truck, to definitely check it out.
Overall review: Excellent
Review ID: #231962 Is this review offensive?