2001 Hyundai Elantra

Cheap but no so cheerful by James on 12/11/2011. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: MPG is alright nothing great though 20City and 33Hwy. Big back seat. Has been relatively reliable. Easy engine to work on lots of room in the engine bay. Parts are fairly cheap.
Cons: Bad car for tall people, I'm 6'2" and going over bumps I hit my head on the roof, no joke. Drives like a school bus and the body roll on aggressive turns is simply deplorable. The quality is just mediocre at best, some parts of the car feel really solid and high quality, while others are cheap and flimsy its really hit or miss. The backseat is big and spacious while the front is short and the drivers side makes you feel cramped and confined. The trunk is kinda small and shallow. Never want to own a compact car again. Why make a car with absolutely no uses?
Overall review: Its O.K. if you like small cars that drive like school buses and absolutely no plausible uses, this is the second car iv ever owned and just need more space. Its makes me feel claustrophobic.
70k Miles and Still Running GREAT! by Happy Customer from Brea, Ca. on 02/05/2004. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Everything!
Cons: Low resale value, not that I'm going to sell it.
Overall review: This car has been great for me. I have a 2001 Pewter GLS, Manual Transmission. It has almost 70k miles on it. I have NOT HAD ONE PROBLEM with this car. And I've driven the heII out of it. It just takes it with a smile. I've read complaints about the paint, maybe that is only on the GT because I just washed and waxed mine up this past weekend and it looks brand new. It looks exactly like the pictures on this site....great paint as far as I'm concerned. I can see this car lasting for many, many miles to come. I have had two headlights go out, each time the Dealer replaced them with no charge and a free car wash. And the best part about this car......IT'S PAYED OFF! In under 3 years! If I would have bought a Honda Civic I would still be paying...and only because of the name. My wifes 99 Civic was WAY worse than this. No room, slow pickup...but that's another topic. That's why we got rid of it and got her a Hyundai Santa Fe, also a great vehicle. This car is great.
great buy by charlie2003, temple tx on 08/09/2002. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: good price excellent gas saver warranty
Overall review: great economy car
the car by A CarPoint Consumer on 09/08/2002. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned 2 years.
Overall review: Good
good car by CD Northfield, VT on 04/25/2002. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: roomy, huge windshield, peppy
Cons: dents easily, brake problems, dealership service problems, not that good in snow/mud with all season tires
Overall review: This is my first brand new car and I love it. Room for people to pack in the car. Great for camping with the big trunk. only problem I have had is it dents very easily! and if you think you have brake problems and you bring it to the dealer and they check it out for you and find nothing they can then charge you for it. Hyundai says it is dealer secretion. other than the dealer service a great car, wish I had waited for the GT though.