2001 Hyundai Santa Fe

A great truck by zoo53 on 08/07/2004. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Have owned this suv for 3 years, trouble free...the battery just went. Other than that.....not 1 problem.
Cons: The only thing is I wish the front seats were a little wider and softer.
Overall review: I'm going to buy a new one next week.
Buyer Beware! by Bitter Hyundai Owner in San Diego on 09/27/2003. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Looks nice until your paint goes and the dash peels after 2 whole years. It does have a lot of cargo room.
Cons: It has a lot of get-up-and-SLOW. Hyundai is evil and they do not back up their vehicles-thank God for the warranty because your going to need it. It broke down a month after I had it two times. It is recall city! Hyundai lied about the RPM on several models-it came out when they got sued. They had to extend everyone's warranty but only a hand full of owners knew anything about it.
Overall review: Look it up Hyundai lawsuits before you buy. Personally, my family and I will never buy from them again.
The Ideal SUV. by 'Victoria" Norwich, N. Y. on 03/08/2011. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GL V6 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Dependability, performance,appearance, liked that they didnt change body style for few years, people never knew how old my car was. I have loved this one.Am going for 150,000 miles, my son ,the mechanic, says its good for 200,000.
Cons: Mileage per gallon is disappointing. Never been above 20 mpg. Its about 17mpg now, gets a full service tuneup once a year. One rust spot this winter, first seen. Incredible. May treat her to a new paint job this summer. I love my shiny black Santa Fe.
Overall review: Bought this car used, some refurbing at that time. Its dependability and performance has been amazing.My son, the mechanic, has been suprised how over the years that its still has the "pep", like a new car.He has always taken my cars out to see how they run "flat out". He has been suprised . Lots of room for the family, love the hatch back. Great car.
Good small SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/23/2003. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Comfort, handling in snow.
Cons: Fit and finish is cheap. Poor gas mileage.
Overall review: Overall good vehicle. Have had several small issues (broken cable to hood latch, storage compartment cover broke). Also had 2 recalls in past year.
Great Buy! by Santa Fe Owner in Oklahoma on 07/05/2003. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Still attractive after 2.5 years. Have had no problems. The only time this car has been in the shop has been for scheduled maintenance.
Cons: I expect it will go on and on and not give me a reason to get to buy a new vehicle.
Overall review: I love this car.