2001 Suzuki Swift

2001 Suzuki Swift Prices
2001 Suzuki Swift Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Great commuter car by Steve in Reno on 02/25/2004. Trim: 2001 Suzuki Swift GL, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Fun, peppy, to drive, easy on gas, great little commuter car. Not a lot of options, but what it has works as advertised.
Cons: Dealer can not solve pulsating front break problem that reappears every 2500 miles.
Overall review: This is my second one. It does what I ask of it with no complaints and is fun to drive on the twisty parts of my commute route.
party pooper by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/25/2010. Trim: 2001 Suzuki Swift GL, Owned 3 years.
Pros: it is bad
Cons: everything
Overall review: hate
Very Nifty and Likeable by QT from Manitoba on 06/29/2006. Trim: 2001 Suzuki Swift GA, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Surprisingly spacey for a tiny car, (I'm 6'4") excellent headroom. Feels I'm seated high, or car has higher clearance than what I'm used to in my Civic. A/C is freezing even on low setting. Has an MP3 player! Accelerates effortlessly and quietly. No ABS makes braking solid and optimal. Rear wiper is nice, (wish my Civic had one). I don't care what others say, but I still insist that 75hp is all you ever need.
Cons: No arm rest. No sunroof. No apparent cruise control. Pedals are soft, small, and too close together. Terrifying highway driving on windy days, probably worse on ice and snow (not a hard winter car). Shifting the A/T is a bit awkward at first. The rear and side-view mirrors seem uneven and cut short, but still do the job. The only thing that would have made the Swift look a bit nicer is if it came with some stylish alloy rims instead of the factory wheel covers, (but this understandably would have increased its price).
Overall review: The Swift is my courtesy car (my 03 Civic is in the shop). so compared to a Civic I found the Swift pretty nifty. It darts around on very little fuel (noticeably). Easy to park and maneuver around obstacles. The interior is practical, functional and easy on the eyes. Even though I'm comfortable seated inside, I don't feel safe from outside traffic - only due to the Swift's compact size. No bragging rights with the Swift, doesn't LOOK incredibly cool, (it's no Mini Cooper, it's just a Suzuki Swift afterall), but it IS very fun to drive for an "eco" car. I'd like to see more of these in my city because they are excellent for commuting.
fuel saver by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/23/2005. Trim: 2001 Suzuki Swift GA, Owned 4 years.
Pros: reliable very good fuel economi
Overall review: very good
great gas saver by angel on 02/11/2005. Trim: 2001 Suzuki Swift GL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: great gas milage
Cons: no power
Overall review: pretty good car for the money
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next