2001 Toyota RAV4

I love my Rav 4 by Bill on 10/27/2007. Trim: 2001 Toyota RAV4 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: This is just a great all around car/truck . Great in snow ,rain ,or sun. Take the back seats out and you a lot of room to move stuff. Very reliable . I have put on 100,000 miles and had the front oads done twice back once and an altanater once. Very good on gas . I average about 30 city and highway.
Cons: The tranny takes about a mile to warm up in really cold weather then its fine.
Overall review: I have had this car/truck for 5 years and would do it again. I would recomend this to anyone ,
Small but useful by Silver Lady on 10/19/2007. Trim: 2001 Toyota RAV4 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I was very surprise that this car handle very well on the road being a 4 cyclinder. The usage of gas is also very well.
Cons: The mirrors take time to adjust to them.
Overall review: I would recommend this car to any one. If I had to purchase another car, it will be this one.
They never die. by The Rav4 Lady on 04/08/2006. Trim: 2001 Toyota RAV4 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I have a very bad left knee and was ready to replace my car. My options were a 2 door sedan and having plenty of room to swing in and out, but very inconvenient for back seat riders or a vehicle that I didn't have to squat or stand up getting in and out. Fortunetly I chose the Rav4. I bought it brand new and it's great. I'm looking at knee replacement and I have the right vehicle. It's easy to drive, has great capacity for hauling, 29 mpg in town, and hasn't needed any repairs, just regular maintenance. When I replace it I hope to get another one.
Cons: The back seats are hard to get in and out.
Overall review: I definitely recommend this vehicle. It's dependable, easy to get in and out, gets great gas mileage, and runs just like a Toyota. I had a Camry for 11 years, and it was great too. My son drove his Corolla SR5 hatchback over 200,000 miles until it was totaled in an accident, and at the time it was running fine. I wanted a vehicle that would still be dependable and running fine after it was paid for, and Toyota definitely makes that vehicle type.
I'd buy it again by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/20/2005. Trim: 2001 Toyota RAV4 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I like this vehicle very much. It could do with a little bit more power, but over all it's great. It looks very stylish. Lots of storage space. I can carry a lot more than you think when you pack it properly.But the vehicle does seem to attract the wrong type of attention. My head lights were stolen, apparently they just pop out! The same day I went to Toyota to replace them ($1000.00) a women had the same thing happen to her car. Then I had the back cover stolen. I have not bothered to replace that($500.00). That also is something "they" steal quite often.
Cons: The vehicle does seem to attract the wrong type of attention. My head lights were stolen, apparently they just pop out! The same day I went to Toyota to replace them ($1000.00) a women had the same thing happen to her car. Then I had the back cover stolen. I have not bothered to replace that($500.00). That also is something "they" steal quite often. It was pad locked, but the plastic clasp, is not deterent for thieves. Both of these faults I feel are poor design on Toyota behalf. The alarm systems are very good they can't steal the vehicle, so they just steal the "pop off" parts! With four more screws and a metal clasp, I could've saved a lot of money.
Overall review: If Toyota just addressed the pop off parts on this vehicle. I would definetly purchase it again.But the vehicle does seem to attract the wrong type of attention. My head lights were stolen, apparently they just pop out! The same day I went to Toyota to replace them ($1000.00) a women had the same thing happen to her car. Then I had the back cover stolen. I have not bothered to replace that($500.00). That also is something "they" steal quite often. It was pad locked, but the plastic clasp, is not deterent for thieves. Both of these faults I feel are poor design on Toyota behalf. The alarm systems are very good they can't steal the vehicle, so they just steal the "pop off" parts! PS. Rust!
one fine little suv by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/25/2011. Trim: 2001 Toyota RAV4 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: everything
Overall review: great car