2001 Saturn LW

2 3 4 5 6  Next
You couldn't have a smarter, safer car! by Linda Marie on 05/13/2006. Trim: 2001 Saturn LW1, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Everything. Very reliable, roomy, and safety is always first. This is my 3rd Saturn. First one was totaled in an accident, 2nd one I traded in, and this one is mine to keep. I can see out the windows very easily, important for me. Perfect for everything me and my dog do. Plenty of room for traveling too.
Cons: Maybe just the color...it is white and shows the dirt, plus I never noticed white cars before...but there are alot in parking lots!
Overall review: I love it, excellent. I always recommend Saturn to everyone.
Poor gas mileage by AJ on 03/02/2003. Trim: 2001 Saturn LW2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great size and very nice appearance.
Cons: I am very disappointed with the gas mileage. I bought this car thinking I was going to get a break from the expensive gas, and it does use the lowest octane, but I need to put gas in it every other day! My BMW can go twice as far before needing to add gas. I am extremely disappointed with this one aspect of the car.
Overall review: Overall I love this car, I just wish it got better gas mileage.
Not one mispelled word! by Suspicious about these reviews? on 12/09/2002. Trim: 2001 Saturn LW2, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: I'm interested in the Saturn LW300. I find the MSN Auto consumer ratings a very valuable resource in determining vehicle quality and owner satisfaction.However, Consumer Reports gave the car a subpar quality rating and Saturn does not appear on JD Powers initial quality and 5 year study report. Most of the automotive press says the L-Series is mediocre at best. Yet, all of you fine folks rate this model extremely high. I've researched many models on this site and came to the conclusion that most people can't spell or write. While reading all (and I mean all) the reviews listed for the Saturn, I coudn't help notice that not one word was mispelled and the grammer is superb!. Either Saturn owners are more intelligent than the average car buyer or these reviews are being written by Saturn Dealers. Did Consumer Reports and JD Powers miss something?
2001 Saturn LW300 V-6 summary at 30k by StillLufting in a no lake state on 07/15/2002. Trim: 2001 Saturn LW2, Owned 2 years.
Pros: V-6 engine, after 2 years, remains full of punch and go.
Cons: Exterior and interior fit is average at best. Factory tires (Firestone Affinity on my model) are poor. Three sets of tires (warranteed, thank God) in 15,000 miles for out of round, bulging, balancing. At 27,000 miles I changed to a set of Yokohama H4 tires that are performing beautifully.
Overall review: Good to better engine/drivetrain. Below average everything else.
An Affordable Competitor by Mario 'Andretti' from Toronto, Ontario Canada on 02/22/2002. Trim: 2001 Saturn LW1, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It handles wonderfully, with great engine performance and fuel economy. Surprisingly so, despite a 4 cylinder 2.2 litre engine. The ultimate test was when I drove it to the east coast loaded with camping gear (stored in the cargo area and a roof carrier). My wife and 2 kids were much more comfortable this time compared to a similar trip in the SW2 which was a bit too tight. It offers a solid and fun, yet comfortable, ride.
Cons: Design could have been bolder. Often mistaken for some variation of an existing European car. Engine not as quiet as it should be. Third seat would have been a terrific addition to accommodate a couple of more passengers.
Overall review: What a difference the LS series makes, and in particular the wagons. If there was any doubt about the value, I suggest test driving foreign made cars and then compare the price. I didn't notice any significant difference between them. (Passat, Volvo and Subaru) And when you factor in the service at the dealership, it's a far better deal, all things considered. My present experience over the past year hasn't changed the initial assessment I made a year ago.
2 3 4 5 6  Next