2001 Saturn SL

THE ULTIMATE PAPER CAR AND DIALY by paper delivery Saturn(seattle) on 12/24/2008. Trim: 2001 Saturn SL1, Owned 7 years.
Pros: i like the reliability the looks basicly everything.my familys had one or more saturns around since 1996 and you can run them into a tree and total them and theyl still run also we use them as paper cars and dialys with no problems at all.the only thing you have to do to them s do the basic maintenence and there fine just like you would any car and there easy to work on they wreck well compared to most cars that crumple,there easy on gas and there the best car gm has ever built and ive seen alot of other cars on paper routs that die real qiuck but not the sl series
Cons: theres nothing that i dont like about the car
Overall review: AWSOME!!!!!!!!!
Ultimate car for daily use by Nick Ter Doest, Fargo, ND on 01/04/2012. Trim: 2001 Saturn SL1, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great MPG, Good Sound from stock system, NO ABS which makes winter easier, nice handling, and also easy car to maintain, also i upgraded the cd player and all the panels fit back nicely as long as you take out all of the screws first.....2 on driver side interior panel, 4 under the steering wheel and 2 behind the dash panel holding the cd player.....
Overall review: Great car for someone who drives alot or for a first car....
Worst Excuse for a Car by Yo on 12/11/2009. Trim: 2001 Saturn SL1, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Nothing
Cons: I got this car from a Saturn dealership. Don't trust anyone! Thought the dealership would be more trustworthy, not! Seems like when they bought this car from the previous owner, they did the minimal work on it to get it out the door. Feels like it's going to break any second. I have had it for 2 years, since 58,000 miles. It has had many repairs, and there is still something wrong with it. They said the wheel bearing, and the gasket were going bad, but it turned out to be a rotor, and a fuel injector. I refuse to get the Intake Gasket fixed, they want around $500 for it. They could've just fixed the car before they resold it, and had a happy customer, instead Saturn has made a lifelong enemy
Overall review: Never again.
A Good First Car With Solid Reliability by Robby G on 10/17/2008. Trim: 2001 Saturn SL1, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The car handles surprisingly well for a car in this price range. The car is a solid reliable car as long as you keep up with all the matienence like my dad did, I'll give it that. It will get you from point A to point B safely without trouble. The car sips gas, I get about 35MPG. IT has a good motor in the car ( Both Engines) The back seats aren't too bad. The Stock deck isn't bad, I got upgraded speakers put in the back and left 2 stock in the front and surprisingly it can get pretty loud. The car has dent resistant panels and is safe. This is one of the best cars Saturn made.The brakes are decent and the handling is good for a car in the class.
Cons: The seats on long trips get uncomfortable and they feel like they are prone to getting worn pretty fast. The Acceleration isn't too good, but then again its a SOHC engine with 100HP not meant to be raced. The styling is boring. IF your a young person slap on some tints to make it look better. The transmission shifts somewhat smoothly however is slow to respond.
Overall review: Very Reliable. I am a senior in high school. Got a Burgandy SL1 from my dad who bought it used at a dealer in 2004. It had 38K now it has 92K approaching 93K. I'll tell you something. Its not the most beautiful of cars, but it indeed, is very reliable. Keep up with all the oil changes maintenance, etc it will last you to 150,000 miles. MY dad took care of it and although I have a heavy foot I'm a little hard on the pedal but its kept up with me. It is reliable, I get about 35MPG. You must take care of it and it is not a race car. IF you take care of it, its as good as an import. I put 2 upgraded speakers in the back, may want to upgrade the deck. But all in all, its a reliable car.
Problems! by Minnesota on 11/13/2007. Trim: 2001 Saturn SL1, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Nice looking car, affordable and gets good gas mileage. Good for a first car.
Cons: Quite problematic - Service engine light almost always on. only a few months afer I got this car the coolant hose broke and coolant sprayed everywhere and my car began to overheat. Easy fix, but only a few months after that I was told that the first cylinder was misfiring. A couple months before i got rid of the car, the intake manafold gasket and fuel injector were broken and it would have been around $1000 to fix. Not worth the value of the car when I traded it in. Very slow acceleration and somewhat poor brakes. No ABS on the one I had and was horrible in the winter. I had a manual and the third gear seemed to slip out quite often.
Overall review: I have heard that this car is safe, but I didn't always feel very safe in it. Side panels are made of plastic which is helpful for dents but probably not crashes. Inside panels also never go back to the way they were if you put in a cd player. Although I did like the car, I don't see myself ever getting another saturn again.