2001 Honda Civic

Saved My Life by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/21/2003. Trim: 2001 Honda Civic LX Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This car saved my life. I was hit head-on by someone in a big black GMC SUV. Totalled the car, and I was hospitalized three times, but I am still here to rate the vehicle!
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: Great car for in-town, back-and-forth to work.
100% Reliability plus AWESOME Fuel Economy by Gas Sipper on 02/24/2009. Trim: 2001 Honda Civic LX Sedan, Owned 8 years.
Pros: EXCELLENT fuel economy--we get close to 40 mpg highway, was a lifesaver during the fuel crisis! Reliability A++++
Cons: Could use a little more pep & a little better handling. Clear coat is starting to peel--but only after 180,000 miles!
Overall review: We bought this car new in 2001 and currently have almost 182,000 miles on it. We've done scheduled oil changes and did a tune up/new timing belt at 120k, new clutch at 160k. ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS with this vehicle. Had to change a strut a few years ago, but we used to have to cross rough RR tracks to our home everyday. This car has taken us up and down the east coast with 100% reliability. It was well worth the $14k we paid for it!!! HONDA CIVIC IS A WINNER!
the ride by awsj on 01/14/2008. Trim: 2001 Honda Civic LX Coupe, Owned 8 years.
Pros: room on the inside and vehical praformance
Cons: front struts
Overall review: not to bad of a car , has lots of (possibilities)
Love my Civic. by TLP on 04/22/2010. Trim: 2001 Honda Civic EX Sedan, Owned 9 years.
Pros: My Civic and I have over 150k miles on it now - I bought it new in 2001. We bought it to have a 4 door car for our friends if needed. 4 adults fit, but I wouldn't advise long trips. Still gets about 35 miles per gallon after 10 years. I like that it is still going strong with relatively no large repairs over the life of the vehicle.
Cons: It is a 4 cylinder, so with the air on, there is not a whole lot of pickup and go. Don't take long trips with adults in the back. It is ok for short trips, but it is a sub-compact car.
Overall review: I highly recommend this car to others. I can't imagine that Honda has decreased the product over the years. The car runs well, has held up well and is still going strong.
Take my advice and Avoid! by the penguin los angeles on 03/14/2013. Trim: 2001 Honda Civic EX Sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: It was a stylish car. Drives well enough.
Cons: Just about everything. Anything, but reliable. The worst year of the Honda Civic ever! A short list of the lengthy problems I encountered with this car over 8 years of ownership 2 transmissions (1 at 40,000 miles and the next at 70,000) 1 engine (upon reaching 100,000 miles the engine blew) the headliner fell off. Parts continually broke off. Head gaskets Radiators cv boots timing belts * I preformed regular maintenance on this car and treated it well.
Overall review: Avoid this car like the plague! It is a money pit! The worst year of the Civic ever made. I spent nearly $20,000 in repairs on this car over 8 years. This total does not include regular maintenance, which I preformed regularly. Bought this car upon graduating college and I cannot recall it ever being trouble free for longer than a few months at a time over 8 years. Once one thing is fixed something else will break, you will hold on to hope that this repair is the last repair, it won't ever be the last repair.