2001 Pontiac Bonneville

Best buy by Tom from Cleveland on 06/21/2001. Trim: 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SLE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Better handling than a BMW.
Cons: Nothing to dislike.
Overall review: Buy one now. You wont be sorry.
Horrible car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/20/2010. Trim: 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Nice looking vehicle, roomy interior, great trunk space. Looks sporty for a large car.
Cons: Bought the car with 80,000 miles. Replace the transmission at 90,000 miles. Neither back window works. Have replace 4 out of 6 fuel injector harnesses. Replaced the computer at 95,000 miles. Nothing but problems with this car.
Overall review: Not suprised GM went bankrupt producing cars like this. First and last GM I'll ever own.
Quality Car, Quality Price, Quality Savings!! by Smoke on 11/01/2000. Trim: 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: "KISS" Keep It Simple Stupid, that is what you get out of this vehicle. After owning a BMW 5-Series and spending more money than was required in 1996, change was my future. Yep, I went right back to the BMW dealer, and was about to trade in for a new model. While looking at new toys, I noticed a Bonneville SE parked in the lot. One good look, and I was off to the Pontiac dealer. SSEi was the choice, saved about 15 G's in comparison and have never looked back. I now own a car, not a name brand. I got what I paid for and more. Great Speed!!
Cons: A bit long for me, however the otions I wanted did not add up to an additional year of car payments.
Overall review: This car has all the things the BMW had before, with one eception. I still have some money left in the bank.
Enthusiast
probably the most reliable car by colt matthew on 06/20/2014. Trim: 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SLE.
Pros: it is very reliable and rides like a high end luxury sedan
Cons: the only thing i dislike about my Bonneville would probably be that the cd player skips when you hit bumps
Overall review: over all, i recomend this car to anyone
Great car for the price by BonnevilleSE from South Carolina on 01/23/2014. Trim: 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love the 3800 v6. The bonneville gets decent mileage around town for the size of the car and great gas mileage on the highway. It has the power to get you going if you need it. Its actually pretty sporty looking. You wont have to pay and arm and a leg to buy one of these cars. I have owned several cars with 3800 engines and when properly taken care of I have had over 200k miles. I recommend using full synthetic oil. I think it has been the key to my engines lasting so long.
Cons: Like ALL cars there are parts that are common to fail on a certain vehicle. The lower intake manifold gaskets on these 3800 engines are known to fail. Common failures are upper intake or plenum, lower intake gaskets, the intermediate steering shaft should be upgraded to the new version or greased.Grease didnt work for me. Wheel bearings on these cars go bad do not use cheap brand hub assembly. Use Timken products, it will last longer. The tail lights get hazy from the inside. If the car has the orange looking coolant flush it all out and use regular coolant.
Overall review: These cars arent bad to own if you can work on your own stuff. I purchased my current 2001 Bonneville SE with 113k miles. I did all the upgrades I talked about above as preventative maintenance. Good gas mileage, good power, roomy, stylish. I would recommend to buy one. If mine died today I would buy another one. I owned a 1995 Bonneville several years ago with the 3800 series II engine. I sold it to my brother with 210k miles about 3 years ago and he is still driving it daily.