2001 Hyundai Sonata

2001 Hyundai Sonata Prices
2001 Hyundai Sonata Fuel Economy
The best car I've ever owned! by Davonta from Massachusetts on 12/16/2013. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great power, smooth ride, good handling, interior, features.
Cons: My only 2 cons: Rust and Low Resale Value. Car is only worth about $2500 in excellent condition (but I plan on keeping mine for at least another five years so doesn't bother me much)
Overall review: When I began shopping around for cars, my mind was set on a Honda Accord (99-02). But after much research, I found lots of Accord owner's were having transmission troubles. That and the fact that it's hard to find an Accord for under $3500 in good condition, were what led me to my 2001 Hyundai Sonata. I bought mine off of Craigslist, the only owners were an elderly couple that only drove it to the grocery store on Sundays. I got mine for $2,500 with only 68k miles! Nine months later I've racked up over 15k miles (I travel a lot). This car has taken me all over New England, New York and even down to Florida with no issues. I follow the Hyundai maintenance schedules meticulously, and I use Sea foam motor treatment every 500 miles. My repairs so far include: Timing belt & water pump, Brake pads and rotors, and a broken control arm (due to rust). Not bad for a twelve year old car. If considering purchasing, check if previous owners had all the recalls taken care of! Go Hyundai!!!!!!
Great car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/11/2010. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS, Owned 9 years.
Pros: 179,000 miles and has been most trouble free car I have owned. Excellent ride.
Cons: Seats could be better designed.
Overall review: Best car I have ever owned. Would have beat you I would have bought a 2011 but hated the ride, to firm.
Not disapointed...in 7 years!! by Chris.....from Oklahoma on 11/25/2008. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Bought new in '01. A part of me wants a new car...but why, for the smell?! This car has never had a problem. Runs like a champ. It loves to fly down the interstate. My friends who ride in it are always amazed at how smooth it rides, not to mention its amentities. Very comfortable, very responsive. My next car?.....it would be hard not to buy a Hyundai!
Cons: I have to have it aliegned every 6 months. The torque is a bit off. Some cars, no matter what brand are just born that way!
Overall review: Don't be put off by the low price....it is well worth the look. I have been so impressed with this car. Can you really beat the work ethic of a Korean/Japanese made car?
Hyundai SOnata by James on 02/07/2004. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great value for money..Lots of extras!!!
Cons: Low resale..Hyundai still hasnt gotten the name it deserves
Overall review: Great car for singles or families
The Ultimate Sedan by sweettater212002 from Dalton, GA on 10/23/2002. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The thing that I like about this vehicle is the size. It is not too big and not too small; it is an overall comfortable driving vehicle.
Cons: The one thing that the company should improve on is the harnassing system for the airbag connection. This is what I have had the most problems with. About every two months or so I end up having to take it in for repair.
Overall review: Overall I would recommend this vehicle to my friends.
Review ID: #320223 Is this review offensive?