2001 Hyundai Accent

2001 Hyundai Accent Prices
2001 Hyundai Accent Fuel Economy
Dependable: 2001 Hyundai Accent GL by Sheila on 01/31/2009. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Accent GL, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I purchased the 2001 Hyundai Accent GL, Charcoal Gray. I drove from Pittsburgh, PA to Southern California. It was a very comfortable ride. The only problem that I had in the last 7 years has to do with the pulse. It would begin to run fast and the dealer said it was the pulse. It was covered under the warranty and on the road I went. I drive for a living and have long succeeded the 1000 mile warranty. I plan to drive it to the end and purchase a new Hyundai. Only this time I want 2 doors and hopefully in Charcoal Gray. I do a fill up in Pittsburgh and can drive to Annapolis MD and still have 1/4 gas left.
Cons: I purchased the car new in June of 2001 and it is now February of 2009 and I still I can't think of anything I don't like about the car. I have always been surprised at it's dependability especially when I'm able to start, without incident, the car on extrema cold Pittsburgh days.
Overall review: I like a small car that is dependable and always looks nice and clean. I have that in my car. I will begin shopping for a new one when my current one begins to have more problems then a car payment.
An Excellent Small Car by Chicagoland commuter on 02/25/2005. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Accent L, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I bought mine new 95,000 miles ago to commute back and forth to work. Reading the reviews of people who complain about these cars amazes me. I paid $9000 for mine new, it has never been out of service in 38 months of use. I have used Mobil 1 synthetic oil since the first oil change and the car has never had a leak or used a drop of oil. The original tires lasted 62,000 miles and the car has averaged 33-40 mpg the whole time, half the time on Chicago's congested roads. These cars if treated with routine maintenance will last 200K miles (well past making payments). People who complain about these cars will have problems with any car they buy. Almost no car is worth anything in a trade.
Cons: Take it for what it is, an inexpensive car. As it sits there are no cons worth complaining about.
Overall review: I have been in the automotive parts industry for over 30 years and this is a great product. No, it's not sophisticated, but it contains some great features - all Bosch fuel injection, fully independant suspension and a lot of other design features a domestic doesn't have at 2-3 times the price. I also own a 2001 Sonata GLS V6 which has also been very nearly perfect. Hyundai has made me a believer, when it comes time to buy another car it will be another Hyundai irregardless of price.
Seabiscuit by Jennie Milwaukee WI on 10/11/2004. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Accent GL, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Gas Milage
Cons: Safety
Overall review: I love my car it gets me where I need to be
Better than I expected by AlphaGeek on 11/25/2003. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Accent GS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Long warranty, 5 year, unlimited miles roadside assistance, great gas mileage, it moves through traffic nicely - I love zipping around over-sized SUVs during rush hour (and laughing at them when they realize a little too late that physics still apply while driving in snow), it feels faster than it really is. 66,000 trouble-free miles.
Cons: While I do think you get more than you pay for with this car, it still is a $10,000 sub-compact, economy car. I've had a fair amount of cosmetic damage to the finish of the vehicle. Nothing major, but still a con. The OEM tires aren't the best in the rain, but they last forever.
Overall review: I have a 40 mile commute to work, and the car has been perfect for me. I knew going in that my resale value was going to be poor. That didn't matter much to me since I put so many miles on the car; anything I bought would have a poor resale value. Overall, I'm very satisfied. The car just works - it's not the best car, nor the fastest, nor the best handling, but it was never intended to be. Great car for those not yet ready for their first Benz.
Best car I ever owned. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/19/2003. Trim: 2001 Hyundai Accent GL, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great milage with no problems.
Overall review: Excellant buy.