2001 Chevrolet Camaro

Poor man's Corvette by Silver Surfer from Atlanta, GA on 07/11/2002. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handling, fierce acceleration, great Monsoon stereo, comfortable supportive front seats, good gas mileage for this type of performance (0-60 in under 6 sec), get lots of looks from the ladies :)
Cons: High insurance premiums, interior plastic sometimes creaks, smallish back seats (whattya expect for a sports car), cops see you coming a mile away
Overall review: I recently purchased this car with 10k miles on the clock. I did a fair amount of research on this looking in several well known consumer magazines prior to my purchase. If you don't mind the plasticky interior, this is a great car. I average about 20mpg with A/C on when i am not lead footing it around, great for this kind of car.
A nice to have car, I love it by Ash from Phoenix, AZ on 06/16/2003. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The look is stylish and catchy, and it's a lot of fun to drive. Allows to 'lose' a tailgater on a freeway curve at the speed of 80 mph. Comfy interior (I am 6'6'', and there's plenty of room for me on the driver's seat).
Cons: The engine (3.8L V6) isn't strong enough, and it performs the best at the 5th gear (I have manual - don't buy automatic with this engine! Get Z28 instead!). The air conditioner eats 1/2 of the power and sometimes makes the engine stall on neutral in hot weather (happend twice for 2 years). And those Canadians couldn't just tighten the bolts, so it 'rattles', and some parts are coming off. It helps that I am handy.
Overall review: I am a fan of this car, and won't trade it for anything else. Too bad they stopped making it. When GM resumes the production (just like it happened with Thunderbird), I'll get one for the collection (if I make enough cash by then, he-he). Overall, I don't regret that I bought this car, I was ready to trade the quality for the style and good name.
SS Camaro by A MSN Autos Consumer on 12/03/2002. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: The SS package gives far better handling than the Z28 package. It is a thrill to drive on the highway and I currently get about 23MPG on average. I live in the suburbs so that is a very impressive number for a sports car on country back roads.
High Performance Camaro by LadySSCamaro on 06/26/2002. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This car has performed precisely as I wanted it to, if not even better, in every emergency I've had. I've had to stop on a dime to keep from diving headend down a steep hill after being cut off in traffic. The acceleration and handling is perfectly matched for my needs.
Cons: I would like to see a bit more detail to the interior, but I'm willing to sacrifice detail for phenomenal performance of my Camaro.
Overall review: Phenomenal!
ECONOMY SPORTS CAR by BILLY FROM TEXLINE, TEXAS on 05/26/2002. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: THE POWER OF THE 6 CYLINDER ENGINE IS GREAT
Cons: THE LONG HEAVY DOORS, VIBRATION.
Overall review: THE CAR IS FUN TO DRIVE, GREAT ACCELERATION, GREAT APPERANCE.