2001 Toyota Camry

2001 Toyota Camry Prices
2001 Toyota Camry Fuel Economy
BUY THIS CAR by toyota lover on 08/03/2011. Trim: 2001 Toyota Camry LE, Owned 10 years.
Pros: this is second camry. first one was a used 1987 camry that we could not kill. Timing belt and alternator were it. 250,000 miles on it and we sold it to get one we have now. 2001 is amazing. Lots of room, power and great ride.100,000 miles on one we have now and all we have done is spark plugs. Still banging out 33 on highway and 25 around town. Love this car!
Cons: Nothing at all!
Overall review: BUY ONE! Miles don't seem to matter if it has any care given it at all. We have 4 toyotas now because of the dependability of the first one bought and we love these cars. Most dependable you could imagine and very very few repairs if any!
Best car ever owned. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/10/2011. Trim: 2001 Toyota Camry LE, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Currently have 291,000 miles, only maintenance replaced timing belt at 195,000, brakes at 210,000. Will buy a Camry again.
Cons: Having to eventually trade it in, I am afraid the next car even thought it will be a Camry will never be as maintenance free as this car has been.
Overall review: Best car I ever owned.
Great Car by bigal on 03/25/2009. Trim: 2001 Toyota Camry LE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I'm a new driver and this is the first vehicle I've owned. It's always been very reliable and has never given me any problems. It has a very smooth ride and very good gas mileage. It has a very good stock sound system and plenty of trunk space for a nice system. It also has the smoothest steering out of any car I have ever driven.
Cons: Although this is a great car some of the bad things about it would be that the seats really arent that comfortable just as others have stated. Another problem is that even though the v4 has 136 hp theres still not much power behind the pedal. Another problem would be that sometimes when temperatures drop below 40 the roof i would guess looses its shape because the sunroof wont open, which isnt a big problem but its anoyying.
Overall review: overall i would recommend this car to anyone, it will last forever aslong as your treat it well, but i would have to say id recommend the v6 as the v4 just has no power to it. In the end. if you want a good car, no matter what year, buy a camry, you wont be disapointed
reliable by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/21/2004. Trim: 2001 Toyota Camry CE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Extremely reliable.
Cons: Don't buy manual transmission. It is far from being the best.
Overall review: Buy this car if you need something simple and reliable.
Nice grocery getter but not a serious commuter b/c of poor seats by Rob in Sunny SD, CA on 02/28/2004. Trim: 2001 Toyota Camry XLE V6, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Pretty Good "umph" off the line for a grocery getter. I have the Collectors Edition V6. Ride is quiet and there is very little road noise. Smooth shifting tranny. Backseats are pretty room. Two-tone paints look nice. Have had none of the "engine gelling" problems you hear about. I'm pretty sure those were only a few automobiles. Anyway, mine is absolutely fine but I keep the engine oil changed every 5K miles (don't buy into the "gotta change it ever 3K". This is a Camry, it can handle it....
Cons: Seats are terrible!!! I thought, "Got a commute, Get a Camry.." wrong call!!! I do 500+ miles per week in this thing and my backs really feeling it. No underleg support and manual lumbar nob is a joke! If you're 6ft+ and/or 200+ you'd be better off spending the extra $4K and buy the redesigned version if you have to have a camry. Or better yet, buy the new Ford sedan coming out soon. Buy American. I wish I would have.... My Camry has depreciated quite a bit too, so if you are going to buy this, you better plan on driving it into the ground vs. selling it after it 100K, you're not likely to get too much for it.
Overall review: Okay for mom's dropping off the pips at school or running to the store. There are better choices for a serious commuter car in terms of driver comfort...Overall "okay."