2001 Buick Park Avenue

Unbelievable Value by Bluey Buey on 12/02/2008. Trim: 2001 Buick Park Avenue Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The quality of these cars is unbeatable. It is my second Park Avenue. I bought another one because I really like the styling... they're relatively unique, which is much better than can be said about so many other cars on the road... they all look alike! The Park Ave has a lot of great features, such as Head-up Display, Sunroof, Heat Seats, Parktronic Parking Assist, Parallel Parking Assist, Dual Zone Climate, and the best feature of it all... the 3800 Series II!
Cons: I bought it used from a Honda dealer about 1 month ago, and right when I drove it off the lot, I noticed the rear self-levelling suspension was leaking air. (I did not notice it when I test drove the car). I pulled the fuse for the levelling suspension, because I don't transport a lot of people, so it's level most of the time. Also, I have heard that air shocks can be expensive to replace.
Overall review: I am the kind of person who does not need a BMW or Mercedes to show the world that I have accomplished something. I am comfortable enough with my own accomplishments that I don't feel ashamed to drive something like a 7 year old Buick, especially when it has most of the features of a Bimmer or Benz! These cars are great. My previous Park Avenue was a 2000 Ultra. It went to nearly 300000kilometers, and I traded it in, and still got $4000 for it. I was completely satisfied. I miss the supercharger, but I don't miss having to put premium gas into the car. The gas mileage is great with both the Ultra and the normal Park Avenue. I wouldn't hesitate to reccommend the car to anyone. In fact, my best friend told me today, that he just bought a 1998 Ultra. I know he won't be dissappointed. I have had 4 Buicks in the past 15 or so years, never spent a dime on anything other than ordinary maintenance.
ULTIMATE TRANSPORTATION by RON on 03/02/2009. Trim: 2001 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, Owned 7 years.
Pros: RIDE COMFORT, RELIABILITY,FUEL ECONOMY, HANDLING,QUALITY BODY AND MATERIALS.
Cons: NOTHING.
Overall review: BEST CAR IVE OWNED IN A TOTAL 50 AUTOS.
Fantastic Road Car! by Bear from NW Ohio on 10/27/2008. Trim: 2001 Buick Park Avenue Base, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I bought this car used with 33K miles on it. I was driving 120 miles each day to work round trip. It has been a fantastic road car. Locked on cruse control at 60 mph it gets 31 to 33 mpg. At 70 mph it drops way down to 29 to 31 mpg. The 10 way power leather heated seats are a dream on long trips and there is plenty of long leg room. Ride is very comfortable and quite stable. Car has the Touring suspension. I run 32 to 35 psi in the Goodyear Eagle tires. I have replaced the front brake pads only once. Rear seat room is excellent.
Cons: As usual with the 3.8 L V6, we had to spend $900 to have the intake manifold gaskets replaced due to bad design at GM. They use a two piece intake manifold with the bottom half being aluminum and the upper half being molded plastic (yes, you read that correct!). The gaskets between the alum manifold and the cast iron heads wear out to the different cooling rates (the two different metals expand and contract at different rates over the temperatour range). Aftermarket gasket sets are available and must dealers use them for replacements. Also, the plastic top half of the intake manifold melts resulting in lean mixture runs which can burn a cylinder or valve.
Overall review: Also, expect water pump and alternator replacement between 100k and 120K. Alum wheels leak air due to corrosion of chrome plated alum wheels. Overall, very glad we bought this car and sorry GM dropped this model. Car is very stable at speeds over 70 mph. Excellent for in-town and wonderful on long trips. 116,785 miles and still have the original exhaust system and load leveler shocks.
Beats the hybrid by Dr. X on 07/07/2008. Trim: 2001 Buick Park Avenue Base, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Seven years and only changed the oil and bought new tires.
Cons: Comfort, quiet. Got 38 mpg yesterday with a tailwind at 58mph!
Overall review: Wish they still made this car
Best auto that we have ever owned by Jill from Buffalo NY on 05/14/2008. Trim: 2001 Buick Park Avenue Base, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Owned this card since 2001 - No problems - Great car
Cons: Road Salt in Buffalo has attacked the bottom of the front doors
Overall review: Great car - love its handling , acceleration and comfort !!!