2001 Toyota 4Runner

2001 Toyota 4Runner Prices
2001 Toyota 4Runner Fuel Economy
Would be an excellent used SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/22/2006. Trim: 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Extremely reliable. I have 77,000 miles on it (bought it new) and it runs like new. The paint looks like brand new, too. 4 wheel drive is excellent in the winter and I get 18 mpg going back and forth to work, but a little over 21 on the highway. Uses regular gas, I think the Nisson uses premium.
Cons: Seat comfort is the worst. Not for someone who is used to a soft comfortable seat. Also, it's underpowered. Very slow pick up, but that's why it gets good gas mpg for an suv.
Overall review: For a used SUV, you can't beat it and I'll have this one for 150K.
Simple, Solid, Satisfying by cdt2833 from Taunton, MA on 10/13/2001. Trim: 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Build quality is excellent. All switches, controls,etc work with Toyota smoothness. For an SUV based on the Tacoma platform it steers nicely, has good straight line stability on the highway, and rides reasonably well. Power window in hatch is great for riding on warm days, or to help airing it out before A/C. The 3.4L V6 is very good. Has plenty of power on the bottom end, and is very drivable merging onto expressways. However it does sound a bit unrefined past 3500 rpm when pushed but don't sweat it. Engine turns less than 2000RPM @ 62mph in top gear and delivers 21 or 22mph on regular unleaded. Wind noise is very low on the highway.
Cons: The SR5 upholstery is a bit cheesy, it reminds me of the flat woven cloth type stuff I had in my '96 Outback, but it's not too offensive. The stock radio with in dash cd is pretty weak - an upgrade of the head unit and speakers is in order for better sound, especially bass. The passenger compartment is rather compressed on top of the truck frame in both height and width so if you're a tall person (as I am) you'll end up forgoing the sunroof (as I did). This stunk since I wanted the 16" alloys, fender flares without the roof, but I couldn't find the vehicle I wanted without a roof, and was nearing the end of model year, so tough luck for me.
Overall review: To put it short and sweet, if you're looking for a creamy smooth highway ride and want four wheel drive - go look at a Toyota Highlander. The 4Runner's underpinnings and truck based frame will not provide the Highlander / Camry type ride. BUT if you can live without that, you'll end up with a solid, long lasting truck that will go through most anything that winter can dish out and simply ask for only fresh oil, filters, plugs and gas.
A Real Sport Utility by Veronica from Williamsport, PA on 08/02/2001. Trim: 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I really like the styling and the vehicle performs better than I had expected when I bought it. The fuel economy is also better than expected and when you drive 130 miles plus a day that is definitely a good bonus.
Cons: I have the sport model with cloth sport seats. At times they can be slightly uncomfortable when you are in the vehicle for an extended period of time. I was also unhappy with how difficult it was to get one without running boards.
Overall review: The vehicle comes in so many flavors! Those that want a sport utility to drive around town (will not be taking advantage of all that their vehicle can do) can an all decked out with leather, electric and such in a limited. On the other hand those who are spending 30 plus thousand dollars to have a sport utility they can use for what they were intended will also be satisfied. It is the best all around sport utility on the market!
Review ID: #191937 Is this review offensive?
Best SUV ever by Joe Mc from PA. on 12/27/2012. Trim: 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I HAVE A 2001 4 RUNNER WITH 427,000 miles. I bought this brand new, and it's simply the finest vehicle I've ever owned. I have a 2012 4 runner, an Avalon & an Audi TT. I only bought the 2012 4Runner because I didn't think the 2001 would keep going strong. I was wrong. I've never taken it to the dealer, but instead gave a local shop complete responsibility for maintenance. In 12 years, not counting inspections, I've spent less than 5K on tires, batteries, lights, and oil change & filters every 5K., and all cost combined. This SUV is a modern marvel of efficiency and dependability.
Cons: my leather seat didn't last as long as the rest of the vehicle. That's it !
Overall review: I bought another one hoping to get 75% of the satisfaction as the first one provided. Great vehicle.
2001 4Runner by Mary (Marissa) From Ventura Califonia on 10/18/2013. Trim: 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I Love my 4runner ! I bought it 2 yrs old has just over 100,000 miles on it now. I really like that since I bought it I have never had any major repairs to do it ,other than brakes and tune ups. This is very low maint. I like that when I'm on the road I can see ahead of the cars in front of me. I consider this a very reliable and safe car. it is our third toyota we bought brand new a 1984 toyota 4 wheel drive, and a 1985 toyota comercial work truck we our next toyota I would love to buy a hybrid "LOVE OUR TOYOTA'S !!!
Cons: NOTHING I LOVE IT ALL
Overall review: Toyota's are the number cars built to last you can buy a toyota and pass it on to your kids or family. As long as you keep up basic Maint will keep in good running condition.I feel if you take care of your car it will take care of you. You know that it's not going to break down and leave you stranded. In our family we trust toyota we are a TOYOTA FAMILY AND WE WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING BUT A TOYOTA. A Proud Toyota owner Thank you Toyota !