2001 Honda Accord

Very happy i bought this car =) by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/03/2011. Trim: 2001 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: car looks great with black on black and leather and the 16 inch rim option. i bought this car a couple months ago for $2600 and well worth it. Acceleration is quick and responsive and is comfortable at highway and city speed limits. all the options still work and same with the interior backlighting and illuminations. car has no leaks and the transmission is still strong. car is very comfy and the heated seats work great! lot's of space in the engine bay where i can actually fit my hands unlike many other front-wheel drive vehicles.
Cons: leather seats seem to be prone to rips as i bought my accord with a rip on the side of the drivers seat, one might form on the passenger seat as well. when i did the transmission fluid, it came out black and there was a fair amount of metal shavings on the magnetic drain plug so that worried me and still does. car also revs a little high in first gear (about 3-3500 rpm) but i believe it's just because the car is fwd, not rwd like i'm used too. check engine and Traction control light comes on too but i think i just need to replace the evap canister and clean the egr passages.
Overall review: overall it's a great car, and i definitely recommend it as a good used car. everything seems to work great and you'll look good driving it.
Transmission Problem-Beware by No Used Honda for Me from Vancouver Cda on 06/19/2007. Trim: 2001 Honda Accord EX Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I like the styling of the coupe, the huge trunk is awsome.
Cons: This was my 1st "used" vehicle(after 4 new ones), I believed the hype about Honda reliability. I bought the 4cyl auto & within 1 year & 90000km the trannie went, luckily I found out about an "internal" extended warranty-I didn't have to pay. By fluke I found out this was the 2nd trannie for my car, the 1st was @ 55000km. Curious I searched their trannie & found articles in the "auto world" about problematic transmissions in 2001 V6 & 4cyl Accords-but they continue to give this car high ratings. Yes I researched before buying, no mention of transmission issues. I guess they can't shut off the "hype" either. I'm very disappointed & I don't know if I can ever trust a Honda product again.
Overall review: I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone, because the transmission problem is common and very expensive if you are not aware of the extended warranty. Within the last year (after I had mine fixed) I rec'd a letter from Honda advising me about the extended warranty. I am currently looking for another vehicle. Unfortunately in my research I found out it is common for the transmission to go more than twice, once you have that problem it will keep happening. I've read some going up to 4-5 times.
It was the best of cars...It was the worst of cars... by DUX-MA on 04/07/2007. Trim: 2001 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Price, Looks, Accessories Included, Drive-Ability.
Cons: Poor Transmissions in V6 models, Poor Handling/Wheel Hop, Brake Master Cylinders Fail, TCS Malfunctions, Interior Lighting Problems.
Overall review: For every one Accord I hear of that is a horror story there are probably 10 that are worry-free. Not bad as far as quality-control goes compared to our domestic rivalry. The car is incredibly easy to work on, things are right where they would make sense to be. Although I have felt almost every problem written here, I still feel that it is a good car in the long run. Take long test drives and put them through their paces BEFORE buying one and have them INSPECTED by an indepedent mechanic to insure worry-free buying experience. Seats, Stereo, Drivetrain, Looks, Mileage and Resale make for a solid buy when homework is done FIRST!!
Accord: You can't go wrong. by A CarPoint Consumer on 10/17/2002. Trim: 2001 Honda Accord EX Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: Great. Reliable. One less thing I have to worry about.
Bang for the buck! by M.Z. on 08/08/2005. Trim: 2001 Honda Accord EX Coupe, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Feels like you're driving a bigger car than it actually is. Good gas mileage. Pretty good acceleration for a four-cylinder. Pretty good stereo w/ 6 disc cd!!! Icy cold A/C. Comfortable on long trips. Good ergonomics.
Cons: Rubber trim around windows pops out. Washer nozzles get clogged easily. Brake pads go quick. A bit noisy at high speeds. Moon roof interior sliding cover squeaks over bumps. Paint chips easily.
Overall review: This car is frugal yet stylish. Good overall vehicle perform,ance. Slight disappointment with some of the vehicles hardware but a great deal overall.