2001 GMC Yukon XL

Favorite car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/26/2009. Trim: 2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: We bought our 2500 a year ago with 194k and have put 20k on it in the last 9 month. We have driven to Casper, Los Angeles and Sante Fe in it and never had a single issue. We live way up in the mountains and the Yukon has never had any problem driving up the pass or over any hills on our trips
Cons: My wife likes it too much. We bought the truck for me but she fell in love with it so now I'm stuck driving the intrepid untill we can buy another truck. 6.0 only gets 16 mpg highway and doensn't have nearly power of the 8.1 but will do for average camper towing as long as you don't push it.
Overall review: We love out XL and would recomend it to anyone who has kids and wants to tow. Mileage is good enough for cross country if want some room or to carry more than 4 people in comfort. We have the middle captains chairs option and it makes car seat instalation a little more interesting but not a big deal. I drive an Excursion at work and it can't even compare to my Yukon XL 2500 in ride or interior comfort.
safe on the interstate. by mick from nyc on 02/20/2009. Trim: 2001 GMC Yukon XL 1500 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: turning radius. visibility. roomy interior. reliability. maintenance has been above average. no major problems.
Cons: removal of third seat. you must be careful. It may get hung up on the jay hooks in the floor. if it becomes jammed, get yourself a Hulk Hogan.
Overall review: I like it. very pleased with my choice. did not like ford expedition. it felt like an old mack straight chassis. the explorer had to much fish tailing on the interstate. yukon braking could be more responsive at high speeds (60).
greg's truck by greg on 10/16/2007. Trim: 2001 GMC Yukon XL 1500 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: comfort, look
Cons: replace widow motor,transmission,fuel pump,riding lamps
Overall review: a good looking truck with some problem that could have been fix if the the quality met the price ticket
"BIG BOY TOY" by CHI-TOWN on 04/04/2007. Trim: 2001 GMC Yukon XL 1500 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It's roomy, reliable, stylish and a very overall safe family vehicle.
Cons: To say that this is a gas guzzler would be an understatement. You practically need to own a gas station to drive this vehicle.
Overall review: I have no regrets whatsoever as it pertains to this particular vehicle. At the same time, I think that it is important to have a second vehicle when owning a truck such as this one.
Craptacular by Woody from Mechanicsville, VA on 05/02/2005. Trim: 2001 GMC Yukon XL 1500 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the confort of the vehicle and the leg room, cargo space etc.
Cons: I hate the styling. The outside looks cheap, the interior is cheap plastic is everywhere and it shows. My transmission is currently making an chur-chunk sound when going into reverse and is slipping when in drive. :'(. Overall I hate the thing, but it is what the wife wanted. ;)
Overall review: Overall the vehicle has kept my family safe, but I do have to say that is has not been the most reliable or fun to drive. It is very sloppy in handling and very under powered for its size.