2001 Honda Odyssey

The Van to measure up to by Marino - NJ on 03/23/2002. Trim: 2001 Honda Odyssey EX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Very Confortable, enough interior space, looks very nice.
Cons: It needs a little bit more power and fine tuning ot the trans. to better downshift in heavy load conditions.
Overall review: This is really the better looking van in the market, with enough space and conveniences to satifisfy anyone. They need to include leather uphosltery and Sun roof to make it the only choice for van shoppers. I am completly satisfied with this vehicle
My Best Car Investment by Honda lover on 06/26/2010. Trim: 2001 Honda Odyssey LX, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I've put 118,000 miles on my van and still drives like new. I'm amazed at how good this car has been to me. I have never been to a mechanic, except for the regular maintenance. I hear so much about transmission problems for this model and confirms my theory that many people drive the wrong car. This is a family car, not a Porshe.
Cons: Nothing. I will keep it as long as gas is available.
Overall review: Be good to your car and it will give you many years of service.
Good transportation by Gary on 01/14/2010. Trim: 2001 Honda Odyssey EX, Owned 10 years.
Pros: This vehicle is the perfect family car. The two center chairs can be converted into captains for more room or put together. Sound system is better than average and continues to sound great after 9 years. I have towed a 4,000 lbs boat with it and it seem to do OK with the engine size.
Cons: Honda has an issue with the emissions on this version and 2004 Civics. Honda and their dealerships are not willing to do proper diagnostic or provide a more permanent solution to solve the issue. They just want to change out expensive parts, like TWC $901 (three way catalytic converters) or put $400 dollars worth of goo in your gas tank to not solve the issue.
Overall review: In my diagnostic, Honda is trying to tell you they can tell if your TWC is bad by placing a HO2 sensor in the center of the TWC. When I removed my TWC there was no clogs. It was very clean. I have learned that the front HO2 sensor and HO2 sensor in the TWC heating element pins 3 &4 have to show 10 to 40 ohms. If it does not you will get faulty readings, a P0420, the HO2 sensors can be reading perfectly fine or within Honda’s range. For some reason Honda is checking for this resistance, if it does not get it, it fails the TWC. I have purchased both Honda’s and Bosch HO2 sensors both new parts do not meet Honda’s specifications of 10 to 40 ohms on pins 3 & 4. I was lucky enough to get one to meet this spec. in my TWC but have failed to get on pre TWC. I have purchased the Honda Service Manual from Helm’s Inc, to help me in my diagnosis. I still get the P0420 code off and on. I also own a 2001 Honda Accord EX but have not had any problems with it.
Solid Performance by from New Orleans on 07/26/2004. Trim: 2001 Honda Odyssey EX, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This is a very good engine. Plenty of power compared to other vans I have driven. We like the captain's chair seating. Power sliding doors have been good with kids getting in and out.
Cons: Black trim on dash is plain and always dusty looking. Interior styling is lacking. Like others have said, tires wear out quickly. I submitted a claim with the manufacturer, and they credited me partially for new ones. You must maintain proper pressure in this van or your tires will wear quickly. That is why so many people are complaining about their tires, they do not keep them inflated properly.
Overall review: I think it has been an excellent car. It seems some people have wanted to bash it on reviews, but everyone I know who owns one has loved it. We have had a few minor things fixed, but the dealer took care of it. Mostly rattles, the power sliding door, and other minor issues. If you have the power doors, get the extended warranty, it is expensive to fix.
Another Minivan by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/30/2004. Trim: 2001 Honda Odyssey LX, Owned 3 years.
Overall review: it is roomy