2001 Honda Passport

2001 Honda Passport Prices
2001 Honda Passport Fuel Economy
To many problems. by crazy8 on 03/25/2007. Trim: 2001 Honda Passport 4WD EX-L, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Purchased used 2yrs ago, it starts all the time even at 40 below without a plug in. Easy to park and get out the way easily. I can get a ton of groceries in the back. Even my dog likes the back. 4 wheel drive is awsome. Great stero system.
Cons: To much maintance, replaced shocks at 67k mi. Ran out of oil. Engine light would not go off and would not pass emissions. repalaced fuel pump. Found out it can burn 1 quart every1000 miles and its normal UGH! I cant afford that. Honda states this normal usage. They should put this in writing when you purchase this. Replaced water pump, cv joints were cracked. cd player quit working. trany slips but they cannot find the problem. Drives bad when gas gauge is low. Replaced timing belt. Hope this stops trany silipage. Door trim falling off.
Overall review: I like that it keeps going despite it has problems , It has 86,000 mi on it and I did purchase the extended warranty . Thank Goodness. I am going to monitor oil usage to see if something else is going on with it besides the crazy theory that 1q every 1,000 mi is normal. I expected a lower maintance car from Honda. I felt like I could take a long road trip and not worry about it breaking down. But now I dont trust this car. I have kids and at 50 below I need a reliable car. Dont live up to its name.
Buy a Toyota by NorCal Ridge on 12/05/2008. Trim: 2001 Honda Passport 4WD LX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The passport was very good in bad weather, rain and snow, I took it up to Tahoe and it hugged the snowy roads well. When it ran, it ran well.
Cons: I dont know if it was poor design or poor construction in the U.S. but once I hit about 90K I had a slew of very expensive problems, starting with a new computer chip ($2k), intake manifold ($500) and then the wire housing for the sensors going to the computer ($2500). To boot, it was leaking oil from near the front transfer casing, which meant a quart every thousand miles. Throw in some other smaller problems like faulty sensors for the ABS and fuel tank and you have pretty much a lemon.
Overall review: I had owned an accord prior to the passport and was not really that impressed with Honda's so-called relaibility. After the passport, I will never buy honda again and think their reliability is a thing of the past. I went straight to their competiitor and bought a toyota prius.
TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS by THOMAS SHERMAN LAWRENCEBURG, TENNESSEE on 01/01/2006. Trim: 2001 Honda Passport 2WD EX, Owned 5 years.
Pros: the style
Cons: TRANSMISSION WENT OUT AT 69,000 MILES. HONDA AGREED TO PAY HALF THE COST OF REPLACEMENT, BUT STILL COST ME $1,200. THEY SAY THAT IT IS JUST A FREAK ACCIDENT-- NOT SO SURE AS I HAVE TALKED TO 2 OTHERS WHO HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. WILL BUY FROM HONDA AGAIN BUT WILL BUY A REAL HONDA
Overall review: DONT BUY PASSPORTS , THEY ARE NOT REAL HONDAS
Fair ride for the price by Mike of Somerset, NJ on 09/17/2005. Trim: 2001 Honda Passport 4WD EX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I like the appearance and room inside. The sunroof works great and so does the 4WD in snow.
Cons: Seats are way too short. It took me over a year to get use to them, very uncomfortable, and I'm only 5'6". Break pad is also too small and easy to miss. Suspension needs work. Most Honda dealers are unwilling to do service on it because it is a Isuzu. At 50,000 miles already went through shocks, wiper motor and transmission seals. Thankfully I purchased the 100,000 mile extended warrenty. Very expensive maintenence!!
Overall review: Not bad for the money. Would not Recommend Honda using an Isuzu and putting their name on it. Definately NOT Honda quality. I've owned 8 Honda's and had little to no maintenance on them. The Passport requires a lot of mantenance. Would highly Recommend extended warrentee!
I LOVE MY HONDA!!! by Robin from Kingman on 02/13/2005. Trim: 2001 Honda Passport 2WD EX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: LOVE THIS CAR. HAVE ALMOST 90,OOO MILES ON IT AND IT KEEPS ON TICKING!!!GREAT LOOKS. TOO BAD THEY STOPPED MAKING THEM. BOUGHT IT NEW IN 2001
Cons: THE ONLY THING I DON'T LIKE IS THE HONDA DEALERS!!THEY KEEP SAYING I HAVE TO GET THINGS DONE ON IT THAT DON'T HAVE TO BE DONE!! ALSO THEY CHARGE WAY TOO MUCH!!JUST LIKE ANY OTHER CAR DEALER!! AHHH, BUT I DON'T HAVE TO TAKE IT THERE ANY MORE!!
Overall review: I LOVE MY HONDA!!!