2001 Mercury Villager

2001 Mercury Villager Prices
2001 Mercury Villager Fuel Economy
Pretty good, reliable van by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/21/2012. Trim: 2001 Mercury Villager Estate, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I bought this van used with 112,000 miles and it has 165,000 now. I bought it because I've had great luck with Nissans, and a neighbor has a 1999 Villager with over 300,000 miles, still going. It's been extremely reliable. I've replaced one set of brakes, a section of rusted-out muffler pipe and one motor mount. The only things that currently need repair are AC, and the rear wiper quit working this summer. Leather seats are very comfortable, interior trim holding up well under heavy use (cargo, passengers, big dogs.) Plenty of cubby holes and space to stash stuff, I like the deep drawer under the passenger seat. Drives very well, plenty of power for passing.
Cons: Gas mileage is awful for a small van, even taking the V-6 into account. I average about 18 mpg and I drive it relatively conservatively. I hate that the rear bench seat cannot be removed or folded flat. It limits cargo capacity when loading sheets of plywood, furniture or other large things. Two minor electrical gremlins: Sometimes I have to jiggle the key in the ignition to get the radio and windshield wipers to operate. And the side marker lights come on at the same time as the turn signals.
Overall review: If you can live with the somewhat poor gas mileage, this is a well-built, reliable and fairly zippy minivan. The few repairs I've had to do have been inexpensive. I tend to keep vehicles until they fall apart and I expect this van to last me another 100,000 miles.
The Ultimate Van by Walter on 06/11/2006. Trim: 2001 Mercury Villager Base, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Everything
Overall review: Excellent
Good enough by NKY on 02/13/2005. Trim: 2001 Mercury Villager Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Styling, comfort, ride, response
Cons: Slight sympathetic vibration between 54 and 60mph that cannot be cured.
Overall review: Good - with one drawback.
Great vehicle! by Gram on 12/06/2001. Trim: 2001 Mercury Villager Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great visibility, easy to handle, very comfortable, easy to get in and out which is important because I have some physical limitations.
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: I just think this is a great vehicle. My husband & I have always liked or owned Ford products--they are great.
Terrible Ride Quality by John from PA on 10/28/2001. Trim: 2001 Mercury Villager Estate, Owned less than 1 year.
Cons: I recently purchased a 2001 and absolutely do not like the ride. Ride is rough and vibrate through the van. I had a 98 with 106,000 miles and that van rode better than the new one. After 2 1/2 weeks had to have the steering rack and power steering pump replaced. Now need to have Ford address the ride quality.
Overall review: Until Ford addresses the ride quality, I am not happy with this purchase.