2001 Ford Ranger

Tough, reliable truck. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/01/2004. Trim: 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Overall review: Tough, reliable truck.
Aweome Little Truck but Poor Mileage by Kira from Pittsburgh on 08/27/2011. Trim: 2001 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 3.0 Flareside 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I bought mine used in August 2010 and it is awesome! I love almost everything about my little truck.
Cons: The gas mileage is very poor.
Overall review: Great little truck if you don't travel far. Awesome handling and braking. Gas mileage is a killer though. I had to fix multiple things on it but only because the previous owner did not take care of the truck.
"My Ford Ranger" by Botiamculatus on 02/28/2009. Trim: 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 2WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I love my truck. I've past the 200K mark and she still runs like a champ. The Edge sits up higher than a regular ranger which helps in traffic. It also makes oil changes a breeze. My next truck, after another 100K will be a Ranger again.
Cons: The plugs and wires were tough to get to.
Overall review: The street noise is minimal compared to the Nissan. It has a more solid feel.
Great little truck by frasiec on 04/26/2007. Trim: 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I bought this truck new and 82,000 miles later I just replaced the original tires. The only other thing done was a battery replacement while it was under warrenty. The most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned. The "Edge" package was also a great upgrade. I have also hauled heavy loads, but the more in the back the better it rides.
Cons: Nothing really. It rides like a truck and has room for only one or two other passengers, but it IS a truck.
Overall review: I love my truck. Best vehicle I have ever owned and I have owned Nissans, Toyotas, Chevys' and other Fords.
Quality is no longer "Job 1"....Blah Truck by Chuck in Oregon on 07/18/2005. Trim: 2001 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 3.0 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: while underpowered and gas-guzzling, the engine has been trouble free so far.
Cons: awful gas milage for a small pickup, weak and underpowered engine. Truck has only 42K miles on it and the little things that are occuring are driving me nuts!...Tailgate handle breaking off like butter in my hand (not abused in anyway!), window handles coming off, jack broke, doors misaligned (problem from day one...been fixed twice!).
Overall review: this is my 2nd (and last!) ranger. Seems that ford decided to cut costs with the vehicle and it shows. Wish I spent the small amount more for a Toyota.