2001 GMC Sierra 1500

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Prices
2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Fuel Economy
Looking for a great truck? by Rick in Atoka on 02/26/2009. Trim: 2001 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Ext. Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I love the looks, comfort, performance and reliability of this truck. It has positive lock differential and I use it to tow a 27' 5th wheel. It handles it well. I have owned this truck since new and would buy another. This is the first vehicle I have ever owned with leather and I enjoy them as well, easy to clean and maintain. I also like the lumbar and side supports, not to mention the heated seats.
Cons: It is getting lots of miles almost 140k and currently has a tappet ticking when I start up. NAPA says it is nothing to be concerned with at this time. I dislike the light lenses as they fade after time. I would also increase the power assist to the power stering. The truck came with General tires and I can't fine duplicate replacements. They handled much better than the Bridgestones on it now. The truck doesn't have adequate heat output for the passenger floor side. The defrosters need to be directed to the windshield better. I wish it had turnsignals/heated mirrors.
Overall review: I love this truck. I think if something were to happen mechanically I would invest the money and buy what ever it needs to keep it on the road. WOW, this has served me well.
The Ultimate Truck by Ronald jones from Baltimore,Md on 12/23/2002. Trim: 2001 GMC Sierra 1500 C3 Ext. Cab, Owned less than 1 year.
Cons: I think that the truck used to much fuel becuase of the all wheel drive
Overall review: I still love the the C3
Great Vehicle by A CarPoint Consumer on 10/10/2002. Trim: 2001 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Ext. Cab Long Bed 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It is a great vehicle to drive. Just completed 3000 mile trip to Wyoming and return. No problems, averaged 16.1 mpg at and above interstate speed limits.
Cons: Very little. Wish I had waited for a 2500 four door model.
Overall review: Would recommend purchase of GMC to anyone. This is my sixth truck of this series. No problems with any of them.
that's why they call it GENERAL MOTORS by BIG RED, Flint,Mi. on 02/19/2002. Trim: 2001 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Ext. Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: solid as a rock. superior suspension and drive train
Cons: needs better speakers and sound system. preferrablly BOSE
Overall review: rock solid truck. does eveything you would want and more. massive amount of power for a truck.
toyota is to small by rob on 01/13/2002. Trim: 2001 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Ext. Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: sharp truck. lots of power.
Cons: although stiff ride is more desirable than to loose GM could loosen it up just a little.
Overall review: best choice for a four door truck that doesnt look like a silly four door truck.