1990 Ford Tempo

1990 Ford Tempo pictures are not available
1990 Ford Tempo Prices
1990 Ford Tempo Fuel Economy
Reliable 4 banger by Kayla Cedar Rapids, IA on 04/20/2008. Trim: 1990 Ford Tempo GLS sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: It's comfortable and fuel efficient. It's also very reliable.
Cons: The clutch and the clear coat is peeling
Overall review: The first time I drove this car I knew it was going to be a good car for myself and my son. I got it from an older woman who believed the clutch was going out of it. Bought it for $300 and come to find out it only needed adjusted
Great first car by Lexi, Alberta CA on 12/11/2006. Trim: 1990 Ford Tempo GLS sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car is a very good first car or low budget car. I have had very few problems with my little tempo. It actually looks pretty nice for how old it is, and tempos are tought too!
Cons: It's old.
Overall review: Pretty good car.
The by Glad to be getting rid of my beater - Oshawa, ON, Canada on 04/29/2004. Trim: 1990 Ford Tempo GL sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: For what I paid for it, it was good on gas, and not too bad on repairs (fuel tank and alternator were the only major repairs).
Cons: Rust Bucket anyone? If the paint could have come off any more...I would have been the only student with a purely metallic car!
Overall review: If you are poor - go for it! Just hope you don't mind people giving you the
the biggest piece by idriveafordtempo on 03/06/2004. Trim: 1990 Ford Tempo GL sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: you can take it deep into the woods, and if it gets stuck, you can just leave it.
Cons: this thing is VERY slow. Even downhill I can't get 0-60 in under 10s. It has no style - it's just there...
Overall review: do not buy this car, you will shoot yourself later.
Tempo of a sick snail by Dirk Diggler on 02/05/2004. Trim: 1990 Ford Tempo GL sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Cheap to buy, parts are fairly cheap, slightly better than a pinto. Handles so poor over 100km you will be afraid to go any faster and can avoid speeding tickets.
Cons: My my mom and grandma have both owned tempos, my mom's was a 92 which she had for 5 years and my grandma's i s 90 which she STILL has. Why do people buy these cars?! For starters the auto has no overdrive and revs at 3000rpm at 100km, just imagine taking 5th gear out of your 5spd and reving the heck out of it all the time on the highway in 4th, that's tempo crusin for you. The car also handles awful and needs to go in the shop often for engine problems (stalling etc). Even though this car is cheap I'd say you still don't get what you pay for.
Overall review: I would only drive a tempo if I got one for CHEAP and I couldn't afford anything else. Then I would just drive the poor little lemon until it died and try not to sink a dime into it. Everything about this car feels cheap, if you are looking at one at least try to get a 5spd as then you will have some good highway gears and the car won't feel so insanley powerless as it does with the auto trans.