2001 Jeep Wrangler

It's A Jeep Thing by Katie from NH on 06/08/2007. Trim: 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Let me start out by saying, I LOVE my Jeep. It's so versatile and fun. It's not luxury or high-tech by far but it's defiantly worth owning. Taking the top off is great in the summer, off-roading when it gets muddy and in the winter just put on the 4WD. Not only do you have a great vehicle but driving down the street and seeing another Wrangler in my opinion gives you a sense of a community. Not just that but by looking on-line you can see all the after market parts you can add on to make your Jeep more individual. Once you own one, any other vehicle simply wouldn't measure up.
Cons: Jeep replacement parts are notorious for being expensive. The gas mileage isn't great (but expected), especially with the 4.0, but otherwise I haven't run across any other problems.
Overall review: If you have a lifestyle and financial situation that can afford you a Jeep...Go for it!!!! It's a great vehicle and you will love it the first time you sit behind the wheel. But be warned, once you start driving a Jeep, anything else is just a car!!!
Review ID: #512078 Is this review offensive?
Best Boy Toy by Zippy, Staunton, Va on 10/04/2004. Trim: 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great fun, Never get stuck and park just about anywhere.
Cons: Mileage is really bad. Even more so with a lift and larger tires. Beter buy a K&N and Tornado fuel saver.
Overall review: Wouldnt give it up for the world
Theres only one by gotmud4 - tempe az on 03/28/2013. Trim: 2001 Jeep Wrangler SE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: there truly is nothing like a Jeep. go anywhere do anything ride. Like others have said, if you need luxury, look away. if you need the ultimate end of the world bug out vehicle, this is it.
Cons: Once I upgraded to a lift, new suspension and larger tires 0-60 in about a minute. then again, its a 4 cylinder. Gas milage is really rough, but if I wanted something with airconditioning and great gas milage, i would have bought a Prius. Not true, i would walk before I drove a Prius.
Overall review: I have owned her for 12+ years and i love it more than i did when i bought her. It has been through everything and has never left me stuck or dissatisfied. I have beat this thing to death and forced it through things i was positive it wouldnt make, like a 4' deep rushing river in a hard rain storm, buried to the frame in mud, deep snow, but she went. i treat it like a Jeep. it gets washed when it rains. All that said, I have only had to replace the gas cap twice for leaks. That is the only problem I have ever had. Never a single mechanical problem. I keep her properly maintained and makes all of her checkups. In doing this, I think she will last forever. It makes me sad to see where Wrangler is heading now. Plastic Grille, plastic fenders, trying to give it a posh looking interior, etc. Its supposed to be very utilitarian. In a way, they are like the perfect girlfriend. Willing to do anything, go anywhere at any time and doesnt fuss about taking her top off when the weather is nice.
It's a jeep for crying out loud! by Ron from Seattle Wa on 03/30/2004. Trim: 2001 Jeep Wrangler SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Go anywhere, through anything. Style, handling, off-road capability, true SUV!
Cons: Jeep service Depts! Can't diagnose even the littlest problems, and have a serious attitude problem. Taken to 4 different dealerships, and none have ever been able to fix the problem!
Overall review: Love the vehicle! Can't stand the Jeep Service Departments. Minor engine problems (enging pinging), but overall, a great reliable vehicle. Not for people who need luxury ameneties! This is the real-deal when it comes to SUV's. Choppy ride, a little noisy, and a little crude, but can take it anywhere through any condition.
Review ID: #421908 Is this review offensive?
The Real SUV by Commuting in SoCal on 03/29/2004. Trim: 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Very reliable, only two minor problems in three years. Fun to drive, small, fits in anywhere (very important with SoCal parking spots--I just don't get single people that buy full size SUVs).
Cons: My first complaint is the gas mileage. While not horrible, I use my Jeep as a commuter, and the gas mileage leaves a lot to be desired. My only other complaint is that the front seats do not slide back far enough--anyone with long legs is going to be uncomfortable driving for extended periods. Jeep needs to add another 2" on the slide rails.
Overall review: I'm biased--I know what Jeeps can do off road, and the size, open-air driving, and looks of the Wrangler make it the only vehicle I will ever drive.