2001 Dodge Intrepid

Dodge is getting better by Matt on 07/01/2003. Trim: 2001 Dodge Intrepid SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: 1)Handling 2)Smooth Ride 3)Ergonomics 4)Lots of Room 5)Overall Reliability 6)Good Climate Control 7)Rattle Free
Cons: 1)Acceleration (2.7 L) 2)Cheap power window regulators (Window has tendency to come off track) 3)Gas mileage not that great for 2.7L 4)Depreciation is terrible. Don't buy new. I bought a 2001 SE from my employer for $5400 which was way below loan value. They depreciate about 40% per year. If you buy new, prepare to be upside down from day one, even with 20% down. 4)The eerie feeling that sometime this thing has to break down because it's a Dodge...but maybe not...83500 miles so far, no major problems!
Overall review: I bought mine way below loan value and was planning to resell it and make money. However, I was impressed so much with it's ride/comfort that I decided to keep it a while and see how it does. I usually buy foreign but have been rather impressed with the handling of this vehicle. I love the interior as it blows away foreign cars in space and ergonomics.
stylish enough for a teenager, but made for mom. by Diane on 05/07/2003. Trim: 2001 Dodge Intrepid SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the styling. My 15 year old son is not ashamed to be let out at school. I love the pick up and go power. Plenty of head and leg room for that 6' person who has to ride in the back (my son). The trunk size is enormous.
Cons: The costs!
Overall review: The car is stylish enough for a teenager, but made for a family car. Plenty of leg room in rear seat. Love the rear seat air vents.
It looks like someone pinched the nose and it stuck that way. by sponge_ericatmsndotcom on 02/15/2003. Trim: 2001 Dodge Intrepid ES, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Its nice and roomy. It gets moderate gas milage, and is sporty for a car as big as it is.
Cons: A lot of road noise, the battery had to be replaced after just a year, the sterio system is lame for the top of the line model that it claims to be, and there is a strange clicking noise when I get it above 3,000 rpms, but its under warranty, so I dont worry that much. Its also hard to park.
Overall review: Its nice and roomy. It gets moderate gas milage, and is sporty for a car as big as it is. A lot of road noise, the battery had to be replaced after just a year, the sterio system is lame for the top of the line model that it claims to be, and there is a strange clicking noise when I get it above 3,000 rpms, but its under warranty, so I dont worry that much. Its also hard to park.
The great road trip vehicle by Mary from Beaufort, SC on 02/05/2003. Trim: 2001 Dodge Intrepid SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This car is great for traveling. The roomy interior provides maximum comfort for up to five adults. The exterior is also very smooth it is lovely to look at.
Cons: The model Se doesn't have a lot of get up and go! But it does keep up pretty good with the traffic, be careful of the speed limit!!
Overall review: I love my car. I would recommend it as affordable and great on gas mileage. roomy and comfortable.
The Ideal Family or Single Person Car by SpeedDemon from Pine Bluff, AR on 02/03/2003. Trim: 2001 Dodge Intrepid SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Tons of interior room and trunk space. Lots of "Get up and go!". Easy to handle.
Cons: I have found NOTHING I do not like about my Intrepid, other than I wish it was rear-wheel drive!
Overall review: I am in LOVE with this car. I have yet to find another with the speed, power, space and dependability of this one. It is truly exceptional and would highly recommend it to anyone!