2001 Plymouth Neon

2001 Plymouth Neon Prices
2001 Plymouth Neon Fuel Economy
2001 Plymouth Neon by Mikey on 01/14/2007. Trim: 2001 Plymouth Neon Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Power, style and economy all in one package. Fun to drive.
Cons: Some of the interior moulding has a cheap feel to it.
Overall review: An excellent car that won't let you down.
One big scary ride by Gus from New York City, NY on 07/13/2009. Trim: 2001 Plymouth Neon Sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The car will go a long way if you keep the tranny clean and do the regular oil/filter changes and timing belt check ups.
Cons: Had problems with car's front strut and axle hardware with only 35K in the odometer. A friend who has a 01 PT Cruiser had the same problem, that is, one of the front wheels literally broke off from the axle, in my case luckily I was driving at 5 mph!!! But my friend had the same situation in an interstate driving at 50mph, gosh luckily for her no cars were coming behind her...maybe it's a coincidence but beware of this with Chrysler products. Other thing that bothered me is the lack of efficiency the engine showed, although I don't recall the mpg numbers, my dad's mid-sized Accord had a better mileage than my compact-sized Neon.
Overall review: I sold my Neon 4 months ago after having it driven it for 4 years. I got it for a bargain but I also learned my lesson regarding the priceless aspect of having a safe car. I definitely would suggest you to consider taking a mechanic to see the body integrity of any used car, but especially on used Neons.
Good value by Jaye from Ohio on 03/26/2008. Trim: 2001 Plymouth Neon Sedan, Owned 7 years.
Pros: This car has pretty good gas mileage. I bought mine brand new in 2001 (great value for the money), and it now has 115K miles on it and still runs great. It is still stylish, and is roomy and comfortable enough for long road trips.
Cons: The brakes squeak sometimes (usually about once every couple of weeks they will squeak the first time I apply the brakes or when it's rainy out.) I took it to the dealer not long after purchase and they said it a relatively normal thing when dealing with those types of brakes and to just keep them clean. I got a second opinion from a friend who is a mechanic and he said the same thing.
Overall review: This car is a great value for the money. It's a fun first car or car for a college student or 20-something.
The worst of the WORST! by Mark from California on 06/15/2007. Trim: 2001 Plymouth Neon Sedan, Owned 7 years.
Pros: If there ever was a car made that is a total 1 or 0, this is it!
Cons: Everything. period.
Overall review: A complete and utter zero, that is the truth about this vehicle, the others' reviews are purely to try and salvage some resale value from an already abysmal resale valued vehicle (and for good reason)!
Shocked and Surprised: I Certainly Got My Monies Worth! by Sarah Elizabeth on 05/16/2007. Trim: 2001 Plymouth Neon Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Appearance, handling in normal weather conditions and rain, interior, andgood gas mileage as long as you keep up with the oil changes.
Cons: Trunk is a tad small and driving in snow is difficult, but to be expected in a car that is not four wheel drive.
Overall review: I really like my 2001 Neon. I previously drove a Sunfire that I bought at 17 as my first car. The Non was an upgrade from my first vehicle, and the price I paid for the car was more the reasonible!