2001 Nissan Maxima

I LOVE my Maxima!!!! by Kitkat Tampa on 01/18/2012. Trim: 2001 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Bought this car new back in 2001, and now I have 125,000 miles on it. It's got great acceleration , very peppy, can always get out of the way if I need to, fun to drive, very, very reliable car. Great sound system, great A/C, nice interior, still looks really good outside, if people could be considerate of others when they park and not put dings in it!! Just a really good overall car. I'd buy one again in a heartbeat..
Cons: Not much..I have been very happy with it, but I have had a few brake issues with it,,rotor resurfacing and new rotors, the leather seats in back have torn somewhat, but I think that's more from my kids being careless and throwing backpacks in it..turning radius could be a little better, but I'm used to it now..
Overall review: I have been extremely pleased with this car, have had it since day one..almost 11 years now, it'll be a sad day for me when I have to let it go, but I am passing it on to my daughter, so it won't be far....I did read how some people say to become acquainted with their mechanic..I do not know what they are talking about..regular oil changes, basic maintenance, still looks really nice for 125,000 miles,,I must be doing something right!! It's really been a very easy car to own,,very few trips to the mechanic and still runs like new. It's always been extremely reliable and has never let me down or stranded me anywhere. We are seriously considering another new Maxima in the next year or so and I just hope it will be as great as this one has been, I wouldn't even consider anything else, with the exception of Infiniti..but I test drove a couple times and they seemed to ride rather rough and coarse, liked the Maxima's ride much better..
Get to know a Mechanic by Fox form Fall Church on 12/08/2010. Trim: 2001 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned 6 years.
Pros: This car is so quick and powerful it is a pleasure to drive. It has a nice size trunk, great interior, and great features on the inside. I can not say enough about how nice the interior of this car really is. However please read the Cons before you go to the next review.
Cons: This car is a mechanics dream because that person will be able to see the car more than you. I have owned this car for 6 years and the check engine light never went off. The car will always need something down for it's emission system. I have had to replace the O2 Sensor, Mass Air Flow sensor, the Catlyic converter, the exhaust system, and the Clutch. Non of there repairs were cheap. If you bought this car used you will end up paying for the car twice. I will never buy this car again. I have two brothers that also owned Maximas both had the same problems with the car and ended up selling them to get rid of the problems. UNLESS YOU ARE A MECHANIC DO NOT BUY THIS CAR.
Overall review: The constant repairs to this car make it worthless to own. I did like the car but I will never buy a Nissan again. I am writing this as a consumer that wants a quality product. I am not bitter or angry but this car was a nightmare to own.
Fun to drive...when not in for repairs by Maximum expense on 05/18/2007. Trim: 2001 Nissan Maxima SE, Owned 6 years.
Pros: The Maxima has the reputation of being a great vehicle. The styling is very good, the seats are comfortable and when the vehicle is running properly it's a delight to drive.
Cons: The "Check Engine" light came on after about 30,000 miles. The light would go out and then come back on again. I took the car to the selling dealer and the "turned the light off". Within few days the light was back on again. This on/off situation continued and when the car has passed 100,000 mile warranty I was told it need a new cat. converter. Since I was over the 100,000 mile warranty I have to pay for the repair ($1,300 for the Cat. converter) There are myriad problems with the car that have been very expensive to repair. I've spent an addition $7,000 in repairs to keep this car on the road. New starter, new water pump, radiator, muffler, exhaust, cat. converter, 02 sensors and so on.
Overall review: I'm sorry to say that I would never buy another Nissan product again. As i mentioned ealier, the car is a delight to drive when it's running properly. But when the car is in the shop it gets much too expensive and it puts a damper on the fun of driving the vehicle.
Great car but watch those coils by emo on 05/21/2005. Trim: 2001 Nissan Maxima GLE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Reliable, Fast,and quiet ride. Most car for the money.
Cons: If you buy this one used, make sure the ignition coils have been changed $$$$. 6 coils at $70 + Labor. Fuel air sensor also a problem. Covered by a warranty though.
Overall review: The car has been great other than the problems mentioned above. It's great to drive and overall haven't had any trouble with it.
nearly maximized by matt for chicago on 07/27/2004. Trim: 2001 Nissan Maxima SE 20th Anniversary, Owned 1 year.
Pros: incredible engine (power and tone), the most welcoming interior ever designed, best value on the road, V6 available in stick shift :).
Cons: body roll (easily fixable with front strut brace and rear sway bar ~$350), long shift box (fixable), 5th gear too close to 4th.
Overall review: this is a great car all around, but like every car it has its' room for improvement. for its price it is unbeatable (especially used). fast, luxurious & a great design. the perfect car for a daily driver who likes to have fun while driving, or one who wants to take it to the track on weekends. great in all weather.