2001 Mercury Cougar

mustang killer by Anonymous NBA Star on 09/04/2011. Trim: 2001 Mercury Cougar V6, Owned 1 year.
Pros: well... to start this is a huge chick magnet!!! secondly i love the smooth shifting. oh and this is a mustang killer. i have left many in my dust when they want to get into my lane due to a parked car.
Cons: bought the car in September 2010. Within the first 6 months of buying the car i put $3000 in repairs into it. due to the previous owner doing their own repairs. sunroof, alternator, coil, transmission lines, luck tumbler, power windows, and a wire connector from driver door to car frame. (to top this one off ford/mercury dont make this part anymore. so my mechanic used silicone to attach the wires to the frame) and to top it off affordable tires are impossible to find!!! unless you think $200 per tire is cheap.
Overall review: Overall great car once i fixed the previous owners flaws. and... if anyone has that door clip sell for big money you can get rich lol
Mercury's Cougar by Dee on 11/03/2004. Trim: 2001 Mercury Cougar V6, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Only problem to date has been with the fuel pump which the manufacturer fixed for free to due to factory recall.
Cons: Hard to purchase tires - awk size. Doesn't handle well on wet roadways - i.e. tires.
Overall review: Its a good car. I was actually surprised at the number of times I've had to take it in to the shop (3 times). Twice for the power window misfunctioning and once for the fuel pump. Every time costs were covered by warranty or factory recall.
One of the best cars ever!!!! by W, Fairfax, Va on 06/16/2004. Trim: 2001 Mercury Cougar Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Car looks great, handles very well, and is extremely comfortable. I get great gas mileage.
Cons: I've got the 4 cylinder, so the pickup leaves a little bit to be desired.
Overall review: Considering I only paid $14,500 for the car (new), I'd say that I got a great deal. I kind of wish I'd gotten the V6 for more pickup, but I also love the fact that I get excellent gas mileage. All in all, an excellent car.
Dark shadow gray tabby owns roads in upstate NY by delta on 04/17/2002. Trim: 2001 Mercury Cougar V6, Owned 1 year.
Pros: fun to drive, handles winding roads great, get goood gas milage, no problems at 7500 mi w/ my "01. purchased at great deal due to lack of interest by others and dealers surplus of supply. $17,500 for new (factury built 8/14/01), V6 sport package purchased sept.28/01.
Cons: availability. traveled 2hrs out of way to find a dealership, they had 7 on the lot ("99 repo, '00's & "01's) None had all the options I wanted. Auto,V6, moonroof, power seats, & cd changer. most were V4 or standard. AND Small cabin and less luxury compared to my loaded taurus.
Overall review: I like my tabby, but am glad I kept my '94 taurus lx whom I love. Originally went looking for a new taurus, but brought home a cougar.
Check out this kitty by Nick, IL on 12/31/2001. Trim: 2001 Mercury Cougar V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Sleek and stylish and although it may not perform as well as luxury or sport cars, at it's price range it's the best in it's class
Cons: You may just forget how much time is needed to stop when this 175hp engine takes you from 0-60 in just under 8 sec. Slightly cramp inside, especially for any third of fourth passengers in the back seat
Overall review: This car performs better than I had expected. For it's price the Cougar does more than just purr.....it growls