2001 Chevrolet Venture

The Venture by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/13/2010. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Venture LS Extended, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Roomy,good for a van.
Cons: Poor A/C.
Overall review: needs to be more better a lilttle bit.
satisified customer by traveler from AR on 06/20/2008. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Venture LS Extended, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the roominess and the way it handles, I drive a lot both in town and on the highway, I have owned ford, dodge, and toyota vans before and I must say that i like this one the best. I get between 21 and 24 mpg and for a van I think that's pretty outstanding. the van has over 155,000 miles, I never have to add oil between oil changes, It has no leaks.
Cons: the fuel light comes on all the time and the gas hand has never been accurate, I just set the trip miles and don't really worry alot about it. It take a little while to cool off the interior when it is really hot in the summer but with the size that is normal Its also dark blue, which adds to it.
Overall review: I like the way the van drives, it's roominess, it gets good fuel mileage can actually seat 7 adults and they have enough leg room.
Great Minivan, 2001 WBE Venture got new, still own, no regrets by Joe Schmoe from Federal Way, WA on 03/27/2012. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Edition, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Got our Silver WBE edition Venture new in April 2001, still have with only 70K+ original miles as it's our weekend use and family road trips vehicle. Roof rack, power sliding door, seating for 8 if needed, rear seat folds, Great gas mileage (overall about 19 - 20 mpg, road trip use 25 -27 mpg), handles well, drives great. Like the overhead digital compass with external temp thermometer and trip computer. Stock radio, CD and tape player with data info is a nice feature that many current new vehicles still do not have. Paint finish has held up well and still shiny after at home wash and wax, vehicle looks almost like new.
Cons: The interior at the overhad compass started to leak on occasion since around 2004. It was supposedly fixed by the Chevy dealer under warranty but still happens. Lacks an RPM meter in dash that its former Pontaic and Olds siblings had which should be standard for a vehicle of this price range. Headrests do not tilt, only up or down, and not very comfortable in its design. Original GM Delco battery lasted less than 4 years even though vehicle not driven much. Check engine light first lit up in 2010 due to failed oxygen sensor, other sensor failed in late 2011, both fixed thru parts purchased myself and replaced through independent mechanics. Just passed WA state emissions test.
Overall review: Overall a great family vehicle, roomy enough, very versatile. No regrets as we had some GM credit card redemption points to spend and use when bought our vehicle new, hope its lasts for another 10 years.
the depenable one by danvers ma (george) on 01/19/2009. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Venture LS Extended, Owned 3 years.
Pros: tranny is excellent
Cons: electrical system is suspect
Overall review: good family vehicle
Great family car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/28/2008. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Venture LS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It is perfect for a big family...
Cons: none
Overall review: I am a single Mom with three teenagers... I am always on the go. I have 140,000 miles on it and my Ventura is still running strong. I found it is a great vehicle to teach my kids to drive... I have only replaced a thermastat..