2001 Chevrolet Malibu

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Prices
2001 Chevrolet Malibu Fuel Economy
WORST CAR EVER!!! by Kelly in Arizona on 07/17/2007. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Malibu Base, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Very nice looks. Reasonable price. Great radio and speakers. I liked the skinny steering wheel (small hands).
Cons: Where do I start?? The brakes have to be replaced constantly. The tires had to be replaced with less than 30000 miles on the car. The coolant leaks because of a gasket problem. Turn signals stopped working, luckily inder warranty. They randomly click like they are on even when not in use. VERY annoying! The fan does not work on settings less than 3. The air circulation switch is held in with a broken toothpick. The door lock switch sticks. Oh yeah, and if you turn the car on and close all of the doors it will lock you out in the cold. It also sparks you when you touch it. Currently sitting in the driveway awaiting more reapirs.
Overall review: DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!! Worst car I have ever driven. Lots of problems that are not inexpensive fixes.
Nice girl with a little bit of attitude by smoking joe from idaho on 05/17/2008. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Malibu Base, Owned 5 years.
Pros: very comfortable and smooth riding
Cons: color of interior fabric
Overall review: Attttttttttttttt
BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED by Vince Northern Michigan on 01/31/2009. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Malibu LS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Just about everything. Moon roof, spoiler, stereo. Lots of room up front. Could use a little more in the back seat, but I don't ride back there so it works for me.
Cons: I had a couple of minor problems with it when I first purchased it but they were covered by the extended warranty I bought. Besides that the only thing I can complain about it the Breaks. I've had to replace the pads 3 times in about 75,000 miles but I contribute some of that to my driving style.
Overall review: BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED. I've ready some of the reviews and wonder if the people that have so many problems with this car take care of it? The only thing that I do religiously is change the oil ever 3-4 thousand miles. I bought the car used in '04 with 21,000 miles on it, I now have almost 100,000 and I plan on having it for at least another 50+ K. and then I'll probably buy another Malibu(unless I can afford a Vette by then). I highly recommend this car to anyone, but just like any car you have to give it a little TLC.
2001 Chevrolet Malibu by Lee from Washington on 12/18/2008. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Malibu Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The Chevrole Malibu has plenty room inside of the car, the big trunk and lost of power for get up and go.
Cons: Sensor in radio locked me out thinking I was stealing my own car, easy to fix but expensive, replace sensor $400.00 Intake Manifold gaskets went out, also $400 to fix. If you install a cold intake manifold, you will prevent this and save u some money! will save gas and give u more horse-power and save wear and tear on motor. Also, if you replace the Manufactured Radio/stereo you can get a kit that by-passes the sensor, u wont have to replace it again, everything will work, just wont lock u out again. OR, replace the manifold with high performance manifold, should fix the problem of constant replacing the gaskets. The Car is worth it, compared to the new cars.
Overall review: Overall a good car but after racking up a few thousand miles of course your going to have some problems, take care of the engine and it will last forever! Frequent oil changes is the answer and a good tune up every year! So far this car has out lasted some of my friends newer cars they just purchased, LOL.
Not a reliable car anymore by Jodi from Chicago on 11/10/2008. Trim: 2001 Chevrolet Malibu Base, Owned 7 years.
Pros: The V6 engine is nice and peppy, even after 7 years. It's roomy and fairly comfortable, and it has a nice big trunk. Cruise control, heater and defroster work fine. Paint's holding up pretty well. I'm up to 113K miles, so it's not all bad! Gas mileage on the highway is OK -- upper 20s (not nearly as good in town).
Cons: After a few years I started having lots of problems, some major, and some minor. The fan stopped working on speeds 1 and 2. The a/c quit working after 3 years (a more expensive fix than just an a/c recharge). I've replaced the front brake pads 4x. The worst part is the leak in the intake manifold gasket. This is mucho dinero to fix! Coolant leaks into your engine, which can destroy it. The labor to replace this cheap part is very expensive. Also, it will keep on happening! My temp gauge died. The anti-theft system has problems -- sometimes the car goes into lockdown mode and I have to sit there with my key in the ignition for 10 min. before it decides I'm not stealing my own car.
Overall review: It was an OK car when new, but I wouldn't buy a used one now. In fact, I won't buy a Chevy again. Next time I'm getting a reliable Honda or Toyota! I liked my old Ford Tauruses better than my Malibu (aside from the Malibu's nice acceleration).