2001 Volvo S80

Champaign Monster by Bart Chicago on 09/01/2006. Trim: 2001 Volvo S80 T-6 Executive, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Quick pickup off the line. very comfortable over long rides. Gets great gas milage on the highway. 500 miles to a tank.
Cons: heavy car and doesn't take turns well
Overall review: I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a Volvo. They're quick and handel great under any condition.
Jurys still out, but enjoying the ride. by Rose, Spokane on 10/09/2005. Trim: 2001 Volvo S80 2.9, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: My husband wanted this car, it is a far cry from my SUV, however, I am getting used to it. It handles great, very comfortable seating even for the husband who is 6'4". I love the gas mileage averaging about 20 city/29 highway. The exterior & interior are very attractive. It is zippy, which I like and handles almost as well as sports car. We love the saftey features especially having a toddler riding in the car. Elumination of the dash at night is great, radio is OK, and cup holders are in convenient locations, plus I have plenty of them.
Cons: My owners manual is extrememly lacking. As other reviews stated my car seems to have electrical issues. I open the sunroof and it will not close. My alarm has gone off for no reason, the remote is lacking on any distance. The car was expensive($19,000.00) for the year and mileage(48,000). The car doors don't always close all the way. The cup holders are a stange size, especially the water bottle holders in the door. I have already had to have my headlight replaced, my service guy stated that this car will go through more bulbs than any other car I have owned. My trunk is fiberglass, what is with that?? My husband and I think we need new brakes and struts.
Overall review: Overall, I have been happy with our used car purchase so far. We have not owned the car very long. The car is beautiful, I love the look of this vehicle, I love the saftey features, I love the ride and the gas mileage. I do not know if I would recommend this car to anyone, I think I would need to own it longer. Not really sure on any of the history of the car my dealer was not very helpful on that matter. So lets keep our fingures crossed, and hopeful no problems like some other reviews I read.
excellent car by volvo fan from new york on 09/19/2001. Trim: 2001 Volvo S80 2.9, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: good performance combined with safety and fun to drive and very comfortable
Review ID: #207075 Is this review offensive?
Excellent car by Sam on 05/30/2001. Trim: 2001 Volvo S80 2.9, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Solid and easy to drive. Performace has improved as the engine has worn in. I might have considered the T-6 but expected slightly better performance from 200 HP. Wife loves it.
Cons: Multiplexed control module on driver's side for windows & door locks failed in first week. Otherwise--nothing.
Overall review: Excellent car that should have been more carefully reviewed by the dealer before delivery. (Only 2 miles on the clock).
Volvo S80 T6 by A CarPoint Consumer on 05/14/2001. Trim: 2001 Volvo S80 T-6, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Power and styling. The seats are the most comfortable I've ever had
Cons: slight glare on windshield from dashboard
Overall review: Power and luxury at a great price. Got mine by Overseas Delivery---great way to buy a car.